Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

FFS! Very annoyed at USCIS

FFS! Very annoyed at USCIS

Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:48 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FFS! Very annoyed at USCIS

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I'll probably catch some flack for this-but there are the 10 foot pole folks who KNOWINGLY go that route and who use the excuses- they were going to shrivel up and die, go bonkers or had the patience of a flea if they were not together immediately. IMHO, that's not good enough.
For us it was and I will hold back my flack on that comment for fear of getting banned.

No-one, absolutely no-one has the right to question the feelings between two people and judge the methods used to be together.

Each situation is different and I apologize if the love my wife and I share is too much for some to grasp.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
There is nothing wrong with entering as a non-immigrant, getting married and leaving. Thousands of tourists do it every year.
The person is then free to immigrate via a normal visa process and re-enter with the correct entry doc.
There's also nothing wrong with entering as a non-immigrant, getting married and staying provided the intent was not there at the time of entry IMO (and you can live with the extra complications).
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:27 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
Philadelphia.
International arrivals in Houston isn't much better than a refugee camp.... hot, crowded, everyone tired and sweaty and hungry and thirsty....
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:13 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by snowbunny
International arrivals in Houston isn't much better than a refugee camp.... hot, crowded, everyone tired and sweaty and hungry and thirsty....

Miami is great. Its like some kind massive fiesta. Everyone shouting at the top of their voices in various shades of Spanglish, hot, humid, and smells like a monstrous paella fest.

Old Aug 13th 2005, 2:27 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
For us it was and I will hold back my flack on that comment for fear of getting banned.

No-one, absolutely no-one has the right to question the feelings between two people and judge the methods used to be together.

Each situation is different and I apologize if the love my wife and I share is too much for some to grasp.

All I stated was MY opinion Rince and you are welcome to yours. Last I knew nobody made me the Leader of the Free World.
The important thing is that each of us love our spouses, went through tough times to be together and we are. 'Nuff said.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 2:57 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

All I stated was MY opinion Rince and you are welcome to yours. Last I knew nobody made me the Leader of the Free World.
The important thing is that each of us love our spouses, went through tough times to be together and we are. 'Nuff said.
But you need to remember that some go through various processes to be with their spouses out of ignorance for what is the "BE approved" route.

I don't judge anyone for how they came to be in the States and to say that one way's reasons are "not good enough" is insulting to some. You can not be above someone else for taking an alternative route. We are all on the same journey, we just take different roads.

Your post surprised me.

And that's my opinion, think of it what you will.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 2:58 am
ImHere

Nobody made GWB leader of the free world either but he seems to have taken on that particular mantle with na'er a blink

Old Aug 13th 2005, 3:13 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
But you need to remember that some go through various processes to be with their spouses out of ignorance for what is the "BE approved" route.

I don't judge anyone for how they came to be in the States and to say that one way's reasons are "not good enough" is insulting to some. You can not be above someone else for taking an alternative route. We are all on the same journey, we just take different roads.

Your post surprised me.

And that's my opinion, think of it what you will.

No I didn't forget that and I DID mention ignorance.. We came that close to doing it ourselves because we were TOLD by the INS folks in Savannah for him just to pack a bag, come on over and then apply for AOS. Jeesh. I found out just in time that it didn't quite work that way. For OUR situation it would not have been good at all.
All I did was express MY opinon about SOME reasons.
You know, that could be construed as just as insulting to the folks who jumped through the hoops to come here. I'm not exaggerating, there have been comments over the years from people on the other side of the fence that basically implied that they loved their significant other more than the rest of us loved ours.
I'm not saying I'm above anyone and don't go down that road please.
Also I did pretty much say the same thing as you-different road to journey's. end.
PAX
Old Aug 13th 2005, 3:24 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by ImHere
Nobody made GWB leader of the free world either but he seems to have taken on that particular mantle with na'er a blink

i didn't vote for him
Old Aug 13th 2005, 4:34 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

No I didn't forget that and I DID mention ignorance.. We came that close to doing it ourselves because we were TOLD by the INS folks in Savannah for him just to pack a bag, come on over and then apply for AOS. Jeesh. I found out just in time that it didn't quite work that way. For OUR situation it would not have been good at all.
All I did was express MY opinon about SOME reasons.
You know, that could be construed as just as insulting to the folks who jumped through the hoops to come here. I'm not exaggerating, there have been comments over the years from people on the other side of the fence that basically implied that they loved their significant other more than the rest of us loved ours.
I'm not saying I'm above anyone and don't go down that road please.
Also I did pretty much say the same thing as you-different road to journey's. end.
PAX
This I feel will be an on going argument until one of the ways
is deleted, both people are right but both routes can be
wrong, but at the end of the journey, *we*
choose for *ourselves*, we are all winners.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:41 pm
ImHere

You tak' the high road and I'll tak' the low road an' I'll be in Scotland afore ye. For me and ma' true love will ne'er ne'er roam from the bonnie wee banks o' Loch Lomond.

Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:43 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

You tak' the high road and I'll tak' the low road an' I'll be in Scotland afore ye. For me and ma' true love will ne'er ne'er roam from the bonnie wee banks o' Loch Lomond.
Did you wake up Scottish this morning?
Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:48 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Did you wake up Scottish this morning?
Och aye jim lad.

Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:57 pm
Sursum corda

The Declaration of Arbroath.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 1:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

He has a mandate.

Must be true.

He said so.

(and Iraq was responsible for 911)