British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   FFS! Very annoyed at USCIS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ffs-very-annoyed-uscis-319229/)

BritGuyTN Aug 10th 2005 5:04 pm

FFS! Very annoyed at USCIS

I (did) have my adjustment interview scheduled for first thing tomorrow in Memphrica. :mad:

Just had a call from that office saying they were closing today because the 'air-conditioning had broken down and people were passing out' This smacks of the 'leaves on the line' british rail joke. Its f#cking summer in memphis, get some fans and portable A/C units for crying out loud. :mad:

They gave me 3 alternate dates. 2 of which I am out of state on non-cancellable events ( in weddings etc) :mad:

the date 'you have to accept' is the morning after the afternoon I fly back from chicago. so basically I get off the plane in nashville, toddle home, then get in the car to drive 200 miles. if i didn't take this date then it would be a appointment next year. :mad:

whats also pissed me off is that I had to have a bunch of immuisations for the appointment at a time when my health is less than ideal. :mad:

ALSO, I was treated like an ignorant uneducated person despite the fact I am postive I contribute far more to the american and tennessee economy in terms of taxes that the immigration officer in question does. :mad:

fatbrit Aug 10th 2005 5:09 pm

Re: FFS! Very annoyed at USCIS

And I laugh when they criticize folks for naturalizing for the wrong reasons. There is only one reason: to get these f*kers off my back!

Manc Aug 10th 2005 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
And I laugh when they criticize folks for naturalizing for the wrong reasons. There is only one reason: to get these f*kers off my back!

That's EXACTLY how I feel right now

returned for further evidence indeed.

BritGuyTN Aug 10th 2005 5:13 pm

Absolutely. I was talking to a fellow brit the other day who lives near me and asked if they were going to get citizenship... they replied, probably not.

of all the things, it seems that naturalisation is not that difficult compared to all the other hoops you haev to jump through and has considerable upside.

the moment i'm eligible I will be on it, just so I don;t have to deal with patronising officer whoever in Po Dunk Ville

BritGuyTN Aug 10th 2005 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
returned for further evidence indeed.

so i suppose you have a gripe too?

its annoys me when normal upstanding people who make a valid contribution to society and go through all the right channels and procedures get *****ed around for no good reason

Manc Aug 10th 2005 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
so i suppose you have a gripe too?

you could say that yes.

In Feb 2004 I filed my I-751 for the removal of conditions, with a shedload of evidence that the marraige is valid and was entered into in good faith.

well 18 *****ing months later (ie, Saturday.....) I get a note saying They need more stuff.
It took them 18 months to work it out?
In July I sent Nebraska a letter enquiring where my decision was, as it was 6 months after they showed on the website that it had been processed.

Then I get the letter requesting further evidence.

Between me you and the gatepost. I think they lost everything and when they got the letter realised they couldn't find my info and are asking me to resubmit the evidence.

tossers the lot of them.

fatbrit Aug 10th 2005 5:20 pm

tossers the lot of them.

They're important people defending the nation 'gainst terrorists!

Manc Aug 10th 2005 5:24 pm

Now I know you're taking the preverbial.

fatbrit Aug 10th 2005 5:26 pm

Now I know you're taking the preverbial.

Marriage forum is converting me into the "Mericun way of thinking.

BritGuyTN Aug 10th 2005 5:37 pm

you could say that yes.

In Feb 2004 I filed my I-751 for the removal of conditions, with a shedload of evidence that the marraige is valid and was entered into in good faith.

well 18 *****ing months later (ie, Saturday.....) I get a note saying They need more stuff.
It took them 18 months to work it out?
In July I sent Nebraska a letter enquiring where my decision was, as it was 6 months after they showed on the website that it had been processed.

Then I get the letter requesting further evidence.

Ooooh, call me Mr. Angry I getting pissed off again just reading your issue.

USCIS called me in the middle of a messenger conversation with my boss who unfortunately (for him) witnessed a bout of anger.

Good bloke though - he told me to go and get a tequila...

Manc Aug 10th 2005 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
USCIS called me in the middle of a messenger conversation with my boss who unfortunately (for him) witnessed a bout of anger.

Good bloke though - he told me to go and get a tequila...

Believe me, I feel your pain.........

ImHere Aug 10th 2005 6:26 pm

And to think just yesterday they were burger tossers working for $5 per hour at MrRonnies. Amazing how things can pan out.

fatbrit Aug 10th 2005 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by ImHere
And to think just yesterday they were burger tossers working for $5 per hour at MrRonnies. Amazing how things can pan out.

If the 'Mericuns on the Marriage forum are anything to go by, there doesn't seem to be the will for improvement. If you don't like it, don't *****ing come seems to be the message I get. And if you did come and don't like it, ***** off back home. Amazes me how this place continues to run... It'll catch up with them eventually, though.

ImHere Aug 10th 2005 6:35 pm

If the 'Mericuns on the Marriage forum are anything to go by, there doesn't seem to be the will for improvement. If you don't like it, don't *****ing come seems to be the message I get. And if you did come and don't like it, ***** off back home. Amazes me how this place continues to run... It'll catch up with them eventually, though.

I am constantly amazed at the sheer incompetance that you daily run across. Particularly in major organisations.

fatbrit Aug 10th 2005 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by ImHere
I am constantly amazed at the sheer incompetance that you daily run across. Particularly in major organisations.

Yep -- I can remember when the world looked up to American organizational skills. No wonder they're falling behind. Met very few organisations I've been at all impressed with over here.