Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Few US workers who could telecommute do so: study

Few US workers who could telecommute do so: study

Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:25 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Few US workers who could telecommute do so: study

It is estimated that the average yearly cost of running a car is about $8000 or nearly $22 per day! By participating in a ridesharing program, you can significantly reduce the amount you spend on gas and vehicle maintenance. The more people you share your commute with, the more you save.

So if you want to telecommute and save money then you should push your company to buy either pre existing carpooling software (I hear there's a great service in Oz that offers this, PM me for details) Or ask your company to set up their own formal carpooling network.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:54 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
The more people you share your commute with, the more you save.
This can work very well. In my case, it doesn't because I have kids to pick up and drop off at school.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:02 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowbunny
This can work very well. In my case, it doesn't because I have kids to pick up and drop off at school.
You could organize a carpool for the kids too. I'm sure there are plenty of working mums that would happily join a rotating school run scheme. Talk to the school principal and see if he/she would be happy to introduce a formal carpooling system at school.