a few questions about orlando/florida

a few questions about orlando/florida

Old May 18th 2015, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

a_hobden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: a few questions about orlando/florida

Originally Posted by rpjs
How does that work then?
no idea it had heated and air-conditioned seats, (probably the wrong name for it) but was great
Old May 18th 2015, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, the 2015 Edge has them too - and I think the Lincolns have had them for some time. The leather is perforated and they get fed cool air from the A/C.

My Edge has remote start but alas, it's not the new 2015 Titanium, so I can hav the air on before I get in, but not the cooled seats. I do get warmed ones in the winter though.
Old May 18th 2015, 11:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Yep, the 2015 Edge has them too - and I think the Lincolns have had them for some time. The leather is perforated and they get fed cool air from the A/C.

My Edge has remote start but alas, it's not the new 2015 Titanium, so I can hav the air on before I get in, but not the cooled seats. I do get warmed ones in the winter though.
The first time I had A/C seats was around 15 years ago. I thought they were a waste of money...couldn't see how they could be of benefit...until the summer arrived. OMG...they were wonderful.
Old May 21st 2015, 7:31 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

A/C seats are a nice touch.
Rented a Lincon to drive from Fl to New Orleans and back a few years ago.
Cooled seats were great. Never had them on my VWs
Old May 26th 2015, 1:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_hobden
Good morning guys

I have a few questions I hope some of you many be able to help me on regards living/working in orlando/florida. A little about myself that may help with or influence your answers, im 29 single male with no kids and will be living in the Orlando area but travelling around the whole of Florida.

1- My salary will be approx. $70-75k. Is this a decent enough salary for me to afford rent in a decent area and pay all bills etc and not be scrimping every month? also how will this be taxed?

2- I will be getting a car allowance of between $700-$800 dollars per month, will this be enough to cover insurance and payments on a decent car? I have a BMW 320d in the uk and would like similar in the usa. also is this payment taxed different then wages?

3- health care will be provided by the company, is there anything extra I would need like dental etc??

I'm sure once I look over things more I will come up with more questions but for now any help would be appreciated

Thanks
As you mentioned you are young and single with no kids etc, you might want to look at living in the city of Orlando itself. It's pretty vibrant as far as southern cities go. For example renting an apartment in 55W would place you right on Church street that has a lot of restaurants and bars: 55 West | Downtown Orlando Luxury Apartments
Old May 26th 2015, 6:20 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I bought a Mustang GT through IA back in 2001. I still have it.
I had one of those and it was definitely the best looking Mustang ever. What colour?
I was so disappointed when they launched the 2005 although they did improve it in the last few years of it's life. Looks like I'll need to wait for them to do the same with the 2015 - it's bland, bland, bland at the moment
Old May 26th 2015, 6:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cxx
I had one of those and it was definitely the best looking Mustang ever. What colour?
I was so disappointed when they launched the 2005 although they did improve it in the last few years of it's life. Looks like I'll need to wait for them to do the same with the 2015 - it's bland, bland, bland at the moment
My 2002 is metallic silver.

I like the new one, better than the recently disconnected one, which looked bland and bloated IME.