Reload this Page >

Few moe questions before filing tomorrow

Few moe questions before filing tomorrow

Old Jun 6th 2002, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

crashcringle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Few moe questions before filing tomorrow

Hi all,

We'll be going to the INS office in Miami tomorrow but we have a few more questions. Please help.

1. Form-485 Part3 B. It says list spouse/child...and then it ask "applying with you". Since my husband is the USC, the answer is no, correct?

2. G-325A does my husband have to fill out that outlined box as well, even though he's not the foreigner?

3. Do we have to print out the whole form for all of the document, including the instructions, or just the fillable part is fine?

Tks again, for all your help.
Old Jun 6th 2002, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Few moe questions before filing tomorrow

I was reading another post and now I'm totally confused. Now do I put my married name on all the forms or do I have to put my maiden name, as per my passport? Maybe I'm getting confused with those applying for fiance(e) visas. But I just want to make sure that we have everything right the first time. I'm getting so nervous right now I could scream.....help, plz.

Tks.
Old Jun 7th 2002, 1:20 am
Mrs_blackross

1. correct..if your husband is the USC, he isn't immigrating with you.
2. yes, fill out every single space on the form, and if a question doesn't apply
(like an A# for the USC) simply put "n/a" or "none".
3. Just the fillable is fine. they (supposedly) know how it's supposed to be filled
out so don't need you to send them the instructions.

--
Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married 08/25/01
Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD approved
02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02 Fingerprint
letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!! GC arrived in
mail 04/19/02 next step..removing conditions..April 2004

some helpful sites on the net:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm

"crashcringle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We'll be going to the INS office in Miami tomorrow but we have a few more
    > questions. Please help.
    >
    > 1. Form-485 Part3 B. It says list spouse/child...and then it ask "applying with
    > you". Since my husband is the USC, the answer is no, correct?
    >
    > 2. G-325A does my husband have to fill out that outlined box as well, even though
    > he's not the foreigner?
    >
    > 3. Do we have to print out the whole form for all of the document, including the
    > instructions, or just the fillable part is fine?
    >
    > Tks again, for all your help.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > LaRue & Jeanie
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 7th 2002, 1:20 am
Mrs_blackross

if already married, you put the name you wish to be known by in the US on the forms.
If you plan to assume your husband's last name, then put that on the forms as your
name, and put your maiden name under "other names used". If you are keeping your
maiden name, use that one on all the forms. It is much easier to get all your ID
(drivers license, SSN, etc) if you have a valid document issued by the INS (such as
your EAD or green card) in the name you wish to use; and it is much easier to file
your stuff using your married name than it is to file with your maiden name then get
it changed on your green card later. Depending on where your passport is from, you
can usually get either a notation on the old one, or a whole new passport with your
married name using your marriage certificate.

"crashcringle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I was reading another post and now I'm totally confused. Now do I put my married
    > name on all the forms or do I have to put my maiden name, as per my passport? Maybe
    > I'm getting confused with those applying for fiance(e) visas. But I just want to
    > make sure that we have everything right the first time. I'm getting so nervous
    > right now I could scream.....help, plz.
    >
    > Tks.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > LaRue & Jeanie
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 7th 2002, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for your help. We'll post our experience once our "first" step is done. Wish us luck