Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fender Bender

Fender Bender

Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:08 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fender Bender

Got in a fender bender on the way home from work today. I'm happily nipping down Route 73 in the centre lane and the van in front suddenly dives off to the right and lo and behold, right in front of me is stationery traffic, so I jam on the anchors, decide that isn't going to work and try and swerve round the Oddysey in front of me..too late, crunch. We pull over and exchange details and phone the old Bill. 3 cars turn up, decide we're not in their area and call the next towns Police dept. Eventually the right cops turn up and it's all very pleasant, except now I haven't got an offside headlight and my door won't shut properly, which is never a good sign Oh, how I'll laugh when the next insurance bill turns up
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fender Bender

I was with my father in law today and he was telling us of the accident he saw on the way home the other night, where a guy in a three car pile up died in front of him while he stopped to help. He saw the whole thing to, it was a right mess. I think I'd have kept driving. "Nothing to see here!"
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
... Oh, how I'll laugh when the next insurance bill turns up
my FIL knows all about that

so far, been lucky, though almost got side swiped today from some muppet...but oh well...
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:40 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
my FIL knows all about that

so far, been lucky, though almost got side swiped today from some muppet...but oh well...
I'm going to have to give this proper work thing up, It's costing me money
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:24 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Got in a fender bender on the way home from work today. I'm happily nipping down Route 73 in the centre lane and the van in front suddenly dives off to the right and lo and behold, right in front of me is stationery traffic, so I jam on the anchors, decide that isn't going to work and try and swerve round the Oddysey in front of me..too late, crunch. We pull over and exchange details and phone the old Bill. 3 cars turn up, decide we're not in their area and call the next towns Police dept. Eventually the right cops turn up and it's all very pleasant, except now I haven't got an offside headlight and my door won't shut properly, which is never a good sign Oh, how I'll laugh when the next insurance bill turns up

Oopsie.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:27 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks, hopefully you won't be sore from the impact tomorrow.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lionheart
He didnt run into it literally, he drove into to it. Pft some people.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:30 am

Well the airbag didn't go off, which is a shame, because I've always wanted to try that
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:36 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Well the airbag didn't go off, which is a shame, because I've always wanted to try that

So the wife wasn't with you when you hit the other car then
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:38 am
Account Closed

She reads this forum. You are whats know as a dead man I beleive.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:39 am

LOL
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:44 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, would have got you a new car. Now you've got to keep the old one. Watch out for attorneys.....
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Yeah, would have got you a new car. Now you've got to keep the old one. Watch out for attorneys.....
There are so many jokes to be had on this thread, but my fear of being garotted in my sleep is a real one
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:00 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Working on a saturday ???
nightmare :scared:
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Working on a saturday ???
nightmare :scared:
I'm young, I'm new, I'm keen, I'm ready to impress..... oh hang on, that's someone else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.