Reload this Page >

Feels nice to have a visa

Feels nice to have a visa

Old Oct 11th 2002, 8:09 pm
cjb
Forum Regular

cjb is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Feels nice to have a visa

Not that I came here very often, but I did occasionally ask for advice which I thank people for happily providing me with

Anyway, got my visa on Monday in merry old London.........not planning on moving for 4 or 5 months......but still feels great to have got here

Thanks people!

Cheers!

Old Oct 11th 2002, 8:25 pm
ScarlettHill

Default Re: Feels nice to have a visa

Originally posted by cjb:
Not that I came here very often, but I did occasionally ask for advice which I thank people for happily providing me with

Anyway, got my visa on Monday in merry old London.........not planning on moving for 4 or 5 months......but still feels great to have got here

Thanks people!

Cheers!

Congratulations!

Any chance of more setail on your London experience?

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Oct 11th 2002, 8:48 pm
cjb
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ScarlettGarrett:

Congratulations!

Any chance of more setail on your London experience?

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Squirtenly

All in all the whole process didnt go too badly..........I only got 1 weeks notice that my interview was set but apart from that it was fine.
The whole medical thing was easy enough, I was there from 8 until 10, its very friendly and everyone is very nice.......you are not kept waiting all that long, blood test is done as soon as you pay your bill and go down to the second waiting room........a little wait until the x ray, and then a quick examination and a few questions from the doc.......then thats you sent on your merry way to the embassy which is only 15 minutes walk away. (There is a Starbucks 5 minutes away from both the Embassy and the docs so that helped my day considerably!)

The Embassy is nowhere near as frightening as it might seem before you go.......I imagined some big scary place, but it is very friendly and most of the people are pretty easy going....im sure its been said before but once you get inside, its like a post office or a bank.........nothing to worry about.......
You hand over all your paperwork......have a seat and they call you up for your interview which for me lasted about 5 minutes.......basic questions basically......how did you meet, when are you moving.......blah blah blah.....
I was surprised...........all that worry for a nice wee chat with a friendly american bloke

Atfter that, you can head off for some grub as long as you are ack for 12.15........once they get confirmation that the blood tests are alright you get your visa there and then........its all rather strange but goes smoothly.....
As long as you have nothing to hide its an easy, stress free day

I was done and back at the train station for 1.30pm.....no probs
Old Oct 11th 2002, 8:56 pm
ScarlettHill

Squirtenly

All in all the whole process didnt go too badly..........I only got 1 weeks notice that my interview was set but apart from that it was fine.
The whole medical thing was easy enough, I was there from 8 until 10, its very friendly and everyone is very nice.......you are not kept waiting all that long, blood test is done as soon as you pay your bill and go down to the second waiting room........a little wait until the x ray, and then a quick examination and a few questions from the doc.......then thats you sent on your merry way to the embassy which is only 15 minutes walk away. (There is a Starbucks 5 minutes away from both the Embassy and the docs so that helped my day considerably!)

The Embassy is nowhere near as frightening as it might seem before you go.......I imagined some big scary place, but it is very friendly and most of the people are pretty easy going....im sure its been said before but once you get inside, its like a post office or a bank.........nothing to worry about.......
You hand over all your paperwork......have a seat and they call you up for your interview which for me lasted about 5 minutes.......basic questions basically......how did you meet, when are you moving.......blah blah blah.....
I was surprised...........all that worry for a nice wee chat with a friendly american bloke

Atfter that, you can head off for some grub as long as you are ack for 12.15........once they get confirmation that the blood tests are alright you get your visa there and then........its all rather strange but goes smoothly.....

LOL love those smileys :PARTY:

thanks for sharing!

and once again - congratulations :PARTY:

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Oct 11th 2002, 9:06 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Squirtenly

What was your timeline?
Old Oct 11th 2002, 9:18 pm
cjb
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Patrick:

What was your timeline?
Please explain these strange phrases of which you speak
Old Oct 11th 2002, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

it helps others like us to have your notice of arrival, notice of approval, interview date, and all that kind of stuff and what visa u applied for, this is called a timeline
Old Oct 11th 2002, 9:28 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Please explain these strange phrases of which you speak
Timeline. What are the dates of everything ie when did you send in your I-130, when did you get your noa, what type of visa did you get, when did you file your DS-230........

Patrick
Old Oct 11th 2002, 10:40 pm
cjb
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Patrick:

Timeline. What are the dates of everything ie when did you send in your I-130, when did you get your noa, what type of visa did you get, when did you file your DS-230........

Patrick
Erm.......thats a tough one, I did keep track of dates and stuff at one point but in all honesty I havent got a clue.......

All I can tell you is I sent off to the Embassy before we even filed the petition in the States, I recieved my checklist and all the forms I had to fill in withing a week or two and sent them back (just to speed things up)
We filed the actual petition in late April/early May through Nebraska, we got out approval after about 2 months, I then spent my time gathering all my relevant documets together as did my fiance (it took her quite a bit of time to get all her bank and work details as well as her co sponsors)and I contacted the Embassy in early September and sent my checklist back.......about 3 or 4 weeks later I got the interview letter through.....the rest as they say is history....

I can find out exact dates but it will take a bit of time to go through paperwork and get my fiance to do the same....