Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Feeling Inadequate

Feeling Inadequate

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling Inadequate

Originally Posted by tomelina
Just look for your nearest trailer park or hop on the I-14 and drive to Palmdale or Lancaster :scared:
thanks, again, full of advice today, aren't you seriously though the exhibition looks fab..
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:31 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
thanks, again, full of advice today, aren't you seriously though the exhibition looks fab..
You mean the King Tut one? We already booked ours for Sunday June 19, 2005 at 12:00, there might be something worth nicking
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Talking Re: Feeling Inadequate

Originally Posted by fatbrit
They both have similar anatomy. After that, it's hard to find any similarities whatsoever...
Bloody hilarious!!!!!....But also quite true in my experience.
Just to kinda twist this thread slightly
I'm reminded of a quote by the Duke of Windsor (the one that married Wallace Simpson) on a visit to the U.S. He was apparently asked what he thought of the States. He replied something like "I think it is quite amazing how well the parents here do exactly as what their children ask".
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:59 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Keep at it woodsey!! You will be alright untill they decide to rotate houses and it will be your turn to create the activities! I'm glad my kids are out of all that now!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Franklin
It was a joke; hence "" icon ... not advice ... my disclaimer explicitly states that: "The information (if any) in this post has been prepared for fun and entertainment ..."

Me thinks your response post was intended as a joke too, but absent icons indicating that it was a joke and just in case you were serious ... READ MY DISCLAIMER ... that is what it is there for. *Duh*
as the aformentioned other af' yes it was a joke - no icons and for that Franklin I sincerely apologize..

whoops nearly forgot
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:29 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Eskimo
as the aformentioned other af' yes it was a joke - no icons and for that Franklin I sincerely apologize..

whoops nearly forgot

Morphed from Dreadlock Holiday lyrics by 10cc ...

I say
I don't like your apology
I love it

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I do not think there are any women like that back home

Mrs Bucket (boooo-kaaayy)...LOL oh forgot she's only a fig of someone's imagination

American gals love their crafting, and they've probably been doing it all their lives, that's why they're so 'good' at it. I've got a bunch of girlfriends who get together every Friday evening at the local scrapbooking store, where they glue merrily away, and go out to the 24/7 roadhouse for pizza at 3 a.m.! afterwards. They've been trying to get me over to the dark place for nearly 7 years but I refuse to submit!

When its your turn, you might want to browse through this site for ideas

www.enchantedlearning.com

A great idea is to get those plastic bead things that they put on a shape and you iron so they all melt together? You get them in neon colors as well as glow-in-the-dark beads which they can make into stars and hang from their ceilings at night. Walmart as well as Michaels has them.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
I do not think there are any women like that back home

Mrs Bucket (boooo-kaaayy)...LOL oh forgot she's only a fig of someone's imagination

American gals love their crafting, and they've probably been doing it all their lives, that's why they're so 'good' at it. I've got a bunch of girlfriends who get together every Friday evening at the local scrapbooking store, where they glue merrily away, and go out to the 24/7 roadhouse for pizza at 3 a.m.! afterwards. They've been trying to get me over to the dark place for nearly 7 years but I refuse to submit!

When its your turn, you might want to browse through this site for ideas

www.enchantedlearning.com

A great idea is to get those plastic bead things that they put on a shape and you iron so they all melt together? You get them in neon colors as well as glow-in-the-dark beads which they can make into stars and hang from their ceilings at night. Walmart as well as Michaels has them.
What is scrapbooking, they were all talking about it yesterday and I haven't a clue
I do now know why there are so many 'craft' stores, when we first arrived in America I can remember thinking, how do they all stay in business, now I know.....
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What is scrapbooking, they were all talking about it yesterday and I haven't a clue
I do now know why there are so many 'craft' stores, when we first arrived in America I can remember thinking, how do they all stay in business, now I know.....
just what it says...cutting shite out and sticking them in books, using lots of the naff paper and trinkets that you get at wally world....it's not like the old days when you would save nice bits of paper or whatever, they buy all the shite, and it's well expensive...
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
just what it says...cutting shite out and sticking them in books, using lots of the naff paper and trinkets that you get at wally world....it's not like the old days when you would save nice bits of paper or whatever, they buy all the shite, and it's well expensive...

is there a point to it?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:51 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Good scrapbooking supplies aren't found at Wal-Mart.

The point to scrapbooking is to turn memories into art -- preferrably into art that is archival-safe and will last for years. Yes, it's an over-elaboration, but any hobby can get out of control It's the physical equivalent of making personal webpages -- as simple or as wildly overdone as you want.

You can cut the costs by saving gift wrapping paper, ribbon, stickers, old fabric -- anything you want to use on your pages. It doesn't have to all be bought new. However, sales of new supplies is a home-based business like Avon (cosmetics) and Tupperware.

For example:

http://www.creativememories.com/layo...?lid=441&GID=0

I think some of the designs and ideas are a Bit Much, but others are simple and tasteful. Deffo could be thought of as a Stepford wife pre-occupation
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:54 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I draw the line at plastic. How much you wanna bet that in Florida, neon pink sells well for making flamingos?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

is there a point to it?
not really...but for last x-mas present to my mother, the missus made a fancy scrap book with our wedding pics and stuff...very nice...cost a ******* fortune in supplies though *lol*
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:30 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I draw the line at plastic. How much you wanna bet that in Florida, neon pink sells well for making flamingos?
arf arf...I think the first time I went past a condo complex and saw plastic TULIPS stuck to form a flower bed was the day I nearly passed out..

Kids love making those glow-in-the-dark stars!

woodsey, there are whole STORES dedicated to scrapbooking!! ENTIRE STORES!! ...
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey, there are whole STORES dedicated to scrapbooking!! ENTIRE STORES!! ...
I have to say I am intrigued, if I'm bored tomorrow I might just have to go look.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.