Reload this Page >

Feel the Need to Escape!

Feel the Need to Escape!

Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

josie ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feel the Need to Escape!

HI!
I AM A DUAL NATIONAL LIVING IN THE UK SINCE I WAS 3 AND AM LOOKING TO RETURN TO MY HOME STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITH MY FAMILY. BASICALLY I AM LOOKING FOR TIPS FROM ALL YOU EX-PATS ABOUT EMIGRATING! I AM IN AN ENVIABLE POSITION OF HAVING AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP AND SO WILL MY CHILDREN, MY HUSBAND CAN ENTER AS SPOUSE AND WORK WITH A GREEN CARD. WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS ABOUT SCHOOLING, JOBS, RENTING FOR THE FIRST YEAR BEFORE BUYING, HEALTH COVER, AREAS THAT ARE GOOD TO LIVE, JOB PROSPECTS AND ALSO HOW TO PAY TAX!!
i KNOW THIS IS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT TO ASK BUT WOULD BE V. GRATEFUL OF ANY INPUT FROM ANY OF YOU.
JOSIE
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:17 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FEEL THE NEED TO ESCAPE!

Last edited by another bloody yank; Aug 26th 2008 at 1:21 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:36 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

WHY NOT TAKE A VACATION TO THAT PART OF THE WORLD TO SEE IF YOU LIKE IT ...
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:01 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
that is the best pic ever!

Josie - you causually say your husband will get a green card but have you actually looked into the process? Just wanted to be sure you were aware of how long it takes as its not an instant thing - a spouse has no instant right they have to apply like anyone else.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Different areas of California have different job propsects depending on your skills. What type of jobs are you and your husband looking for? It is highly likely that one of you will get a job that provides medical insurance for the family so I wouldn't worry too much about that (consider your job hunting time like any vacation out of the UK).
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michael
Different areas of California have different job propsects depending on your skills. What type of jobs are you and your husband looking for? It is highly likely that one of you will get a job that provides medical insurance for the family so I wouldn't worry too much about that (consider your job hunting time like any vacation out of the UK).
I know in many marriages one partner will get a menial job that includes Insurance, getting harder all the time.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

josie ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

THANKS GUYS. YEP I DO KNOW BOUT GREEN CARD THING! HAVE FRIENDS WHO ALREADY LIVE IN SAVANNAH GOING THRO SAME THING! BOTH HUBBY AND ARE ARE QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS IN OUR SEPERATE FIELDS SO AM AWARE OF SITUATION. PHAPS OUR BIGGEST OBSTACLE IS THE SITUATION REGARDING OUR SON WHO IS DEAF (READ OTHER THREAD) i WOULD APPRECIATE SOME GENUINE REPLIES TO THAT AS ITS OUR BIGGEST HOLD BACK. WE ARE DUE TO VISIT FOR 3 WEEKS IN MARCH/APRIL NEXT YR SO WE ARE HOPING TO GET INFO THEN ALSO. HAVE FAMILY IN UTAH, FRIENDS IN SONORA VALLEY AND PENSACOLA. JUST NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE TO PICK THEIR BRAINS ON EVERYTHING.
THANKS AGAIN THO!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Stop posting in all caps you ****ing numpty.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 3:33 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by josie ryan
THANKS GUYS. YEP I DO KNOW BOUT GREEN CARD THING! HAVE FRIENDS WHO ALREADY LIVE IN SAVANNAH GOING THRO SAME THING! BOTH HUBBY AND ARE ARE QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS IN OUR SEPERATE FIELDS SO AM AWARE OF SITUATION. PHAPS OUR BIGGEST OBSTACLE IS THE SITUATION REGARDING OUR SON WHO IS DEAF (READ OTHER THREAD) i WOULD APPRECIATE SOME GENUINE REPLIES TO THAT AS ITS OUR BIGGEST HOLD BACK. WE ARE DUE TO VISIT FOR 3 WEEKS IN MARCH/APRIL NEXT YR SO WE ARE HOPING TO GET INFO THEN ALSO. HAVE FAMILY IN UTAH, FRIENDS IN SONORA VALLEY AND PENSACOLA. JUST NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE TO PICK THEIR BRAINS ON EVERYTHING.
THANKS AGAIN THO!
so do you have any idea on what area you would like to live?? Do you want to be somewhere near friends??
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:13 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

When you narrow down to a specific city, you should consider http://www.city-data.com/forum/california and then post a question about the areas. Those are forums for relocating people and they often have much more 'neighborhood specific' information as to where to live in this city or that city.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

well I went cross eyed reading that...and dont' know if you were deliberately taking the piss with that second post or not...but take the hint and you'll probably get more help...but have a snoop around the wiki and past posts
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Josie

Sorry to air this in public but you have chosen to not receive emails or private messages.

Your posts continue to be in solid caps which is considered yelling on the internet. Others have brought this to your attention in your thread about your son's hearing disability and your reply to them was quite rude for bringing this up.

If you continue to post in solid caps, your posts will be deleted.

We would very much like to see you remain as a member of BE and enjoy the forums, however, we cannot allow you to ignore common courtesy.

While typing in such a manner might be the norm for your employment (wonder what employer allows such a thing) but it is not acceptable on BE.

Thanks.

Rete
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:37 am
Just Joined

jon06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by josie ryan
THANKS AGAIN THO!
Is it just me? 'hubby' makes me cringe!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:24 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon06
Is it just me? 'hubby' makes me cringe!
It's just you.

It's a word that's widely used on these boards.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

jon06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbj1000
It's just you.

It's a word that's widely used on these boards.
What's the opposite? Wifey or wifelet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.