Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Federal Benefits Unit (London Embassy)

Federal Benefits Unit (London Embassy)

Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Blimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud of
Default Federal Benefits Unit (London Embassy)

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not I apologise!!

We are off to the embassy tomorrow to sort out my wife's(USC) SSN number with the FBU at the London Embassy. They give you no specific appointment time, it is a case of emailing them to put you on the security list for the day and off you go to wait your turn. I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this and, if so, how long the wait was etc. We are a bit concerned as we cannot leave massively early in the morning due to nursery timings etc. so will probably not be arriving till 10.30am!! The official site says they are open till 13.00, does this mean if you are not seen by then, tough luck, come back on monday???? Would appreciate any previous experiences!!

Thanks in advance

Blimmer
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federal Benefits Unit (London Embassy)

I would rather doubt that you would have a long wait for service. After all it is for the use of US Citizens and can't imagine that there are a 100 or more Americans in the UK that need their services on that particular day.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Blimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reply Rete, we will take our chances and post the outcome for any others who may need the service!!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

flavourone1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I'm due to go to the FBU myself in two weeks time. Im curious as to how you got on!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by flavourone1 View Post
Hi there, I'm due to go to the FBU myself in two weeks time. Im curious as to how you got on!
We posted another thread with all the details here (if I've done it right!!):

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705038

In a nutshell, wife was at embassy for just over an hour or so and SSN arrived 14 days later!!!

Blimmer