Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fed up of living here

Fed up of living here

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

mmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nice
Unhappy Fed up of living here

Hi i dont mean to sound down but i have been in ny for nearly 6 years, i am from uk all my family live in uk except my hubby whos great we cant afford for me to go home much though, i have a step daughter and her 4 year old live with us for last year and it really tough she buys stuff now and then but dont do much really we get on but not same as my kids, i hate the heat cant do anything and when i see everyone else i know in uk doing stuff even if its just like sitting in garden with friends having a coffee i get so jealous, also hate the health system here cant afford to get sick, i want to know how can i move back and take my hubby with me without it costing a fortune please
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:09 pm
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick of living here

Does your husband even want to go? Is he working here?
What would happen to the 4 year old?

I also feel the same way you do sometimes about here after 20 years and the heat gets to me now.
I was home in April and my rose coloured glasses came off the second day after the female manager of the local Sainsburys stood in the doorway yelling at some chavs that they are not taking the beer cans as they just decided to walk out with them.
Third day a young lad approached me for bus fare money and his face covered in blood and open wounds after he had a fight with his brother. I said that maybe he should go to the hospital and he said he wanted to go home and have his tea first.
Maybe try to save some money for a visit first before you do anything drastic as we sometimes start living in our own unrealistic dream - trust me I've been there many times.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:11 pm
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to ask if your own kids are in the UK - that has got to be very tough.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

mmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nice

The 4 year old is our grandson his mother would not move with us she would stay here with him, i do visit and i go back i want to stay there i have a lot of family in uk 4 kids and 9 grandkids and my mum still there we not got much here we rent an apartment it so hard to save xx
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few threads in the MBTUK forum about folks not feeling great about here and heading back that you might want to check out, also another thread here about someone feeling home sick.

First thing you probably want to do though is get your US citizenship before moving away...