British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   FBI Shootout In Florida (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/fbi-shootout-florida-380689/)

kingfisher241049 Jun 21st 2006 5:16 pm

FBI Shootout In Florida

The were arresting federal Prison Guards when the shootout happened.

http://kevxml2a.verizon.net/_1_VE5TO...&feed=ap&top=1

Jerseygirl Jun 21st 2006 7:47 pm

Re: FBI Shootout In Florida

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049

http://kevxml2a.verizon.net/_1_VE5TO...&feed=ap&top=1

Am I the only one that's irritated when someone posts a few words and a link to click on...sometimes it's just the link? :mad:

Sorry Kingfisher I don't mean to be rude just voicing my opinion. :)

peterbainham Jun 21st 2006 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Am I the only one that's irritated when someone posts a few words and a link to click on...sometimes it's just the link? :mad:

Can't say that it irritates me but unless it sounds really interesting I won't bother clicking on the link.

Kate2112 Jun 21st 2006 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by peterbainham
Can't say that it irritates me but unless it sounds really interesting I won't bother clicking on the link.

Ditto..unles of course they mention Rock - paper or scissors in the thread title :D

peterbainham Jun 21st 2006 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Ditto..unles of course they mention Rock - paper or scissors in the thread title :D

3....2.....1.......Paper

kingfisher241049 Jun 21st 2006 9:47 pm

The purpose is to let the website tell the story, not me. I am not a journalist. I just thought the story was interesting, especially considering its just past the 20th anniversary of the other big FBI shootout in Miami.

http://www.thegunzone.com/11april86.html

Jerseygirl Jun 21st 2006 10:12 pm

Obviously not...or you wouldn't have been able to resist putting the whole article into your own words. :p

All I am saying is a little more background on the link would be nice. :)

CaliforniaBride Jun 21st 2006 10:20 pm

Am I the only one that's irritated when someone posts a few words and a link to click on.

Yup.

blaze Jun 21st 2006 10:21 pm

We had this discussion a while back, I don't recall the thread though.

peterbainham Jun 21st 2006 10:25 pm

Obviously not...or you wouldn't have been able to resist putting the whole article into your own words. :p

All I am saying is a little more background on the link would be nice. :)

Or a few questions, a funny/controversial/stupid comment etc. Basically anything to help get a discussion going and encourage people to add a comment.

ukemigrant Jun 22nd 2006 12:49 am

No it annoys me too :)

snowbunny Jun 22nd 2006 1:18 am

Well that's titillating enough for me, arresting the *guards* .... apparently at least one of them didn't want to be arrested.

dunroving Jun 22nd 2006 2:43 am

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
No it annoys me too :)

Me too. If it's worth posting it's worth a few lines of comment/explanation.

It's just another example of the SPAM/junk mail era, IMHO. Cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste. No originality, all cut and paste.

Jerseygirl Jun 22nd 2006 2:50 am

Originally Posted by blaze
We had this discussion a while back, I don't recall the thread though.

It wasn't a dedicated thread I think it was in response to a link posted by Vegas.

Yorkieabroad Jun 22nd 2006 3:34 am

it doesn't normally bug me, but it is at the moment because every time I try to click a link my pc crashes (either on here or in emails - like the BE new post on a thread emails), . Grrr..... :mad:

guess I'm going to be spending a while backing up, just in case its something serious. Can't really complain though - I'm currently working on an IBM thinkpad that my wife "retained" from a job a couple of years ago - they asked her to, so she could help with handover to new guy if necessary, and she kept calling to ask if they wanted it back, and they never replied. c'est la vie :) Looks like I need to get my hand in my pocket and buy something a bit more up to date.....assume it won't be as pricey as the last pc I bought - an HP Brio with a Pentium iii 5000mhz processor - that was pretty good in 1999! and it needed to be for the rather hefty price tag of $2600 (that was in Singapore $, but I think it was pretty much 1:1 at the time..... :eek: :eek: )