Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Favourite Sarny

Favourite Sarny

Old Dec 14th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Sarny

Originally Posted by Bob
HFCS? It's a glucose syrup made from.....you guessed it, sweet corn
O yum - not!

Where i live is very hippyville and the vegan/veggie sarnies (of which i am neither) are scrummy yummy.
Why tho is there cheese with everything - and salad dressing with EVERYTHING - it takes half an hour at LEAST for the waiter to go thro the list of dressings -only for me to say none thanks.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
O yum - not!

Where i live is very hippyville and the vegan/veggie sarnies (of which i am neither) are scrummy yummy.
Why tho is there cheese with everything - and salad dressing with EVERYTHING - it takes half an hour at LEAST for the waiter to go thro the list of dressings -only for me to say none thanks.

Old Dec 14th 2011, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Why tho is there cheese with everything ...
Why, indeed?

When I first arrived in California I tried to order a sandwich and the resulting dialog could easily have developed into something that would not have been out of place in a Monty Python sketch:

Me: I'd like turkey on whole wheat, please.

Deli Person: What kind of cheese do you want?

Me: No, I want a turkey sandwich.

Deli Person: Yes, what kind of cheese do you want?

Me: No, I said turkey.

Deli Person: I know, but what kind of cheese do you want?

Old Dec 14th 2011, 5:27 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

O yum - not!

Have you looked at the school meal menu? Every day there is some sort of variation of bread and cheese - grilled cheese, mozarella cheese sticks, cheese pizza, cheese quesadilla, cheese rollups, fried baked potato strips with cheese (ok, no bread on that one), and if anyone runs out of lunch money they get.....a cheese sandwich. I reckon they'd go a long way to knocking the childhood obesity thing on the head if they just cut out the cheese! And let them have outside recess whatever the weather - none of this too cold, too hot, too windy, not windy enough, too wet, too dry....teachers too freakin lazy more like! Err, is it after midnight...I think I need to go to bed.....
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:58 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Love banana sarnys!! I'd forgotton all about them!!
Boke. I hate bananas.

Apple and Mars Bar sandwiches, though - now those are worth a try ...
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Have you looked at the school meal menu? Every day there is some sort of variation of bread and cheese - grilled cheese, mozarella cheese sticks, cheese pizza, cheese quesadilla, cheese rollups, fried baked potato strips with cheese (ok, no bread on that one), and if anyone runs out of lunch money they get.....a cheese sandwich. I reckon they'd go a long way to knocking the childhood obesity thing on the head if they just cut out the cheese! And let them have outside recess whatever the weather - none of this too cold, too hot, too windy, not windy enough, too wet, too dry....teachers too freakin lazy more like! Err, is it after midnight...I think I need to go to bed.....
Havent seen school menu but i can imagine!!! too much cheese!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:44 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Boke. I hate bananas.

Apple and Mars Bar sandwiches, though - now those are worth a try ...
Mashed banana with chilli sauce sandwiches...
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

So last night in the name of research (and cos i like them) i decided to have an onion sarny. Raw red onion and salt - Ive had them before and they are tasty!!!

New husband was APPALLED and told me the whole house and I stunk (is that a word??) and that "never in a million years have i heard of such a thing" then went onto rant about Brits and their food tastes!!! World war 3 nearly started!!!! All I had to do was breath on him and he would have keeled over.
Think I will leave the onions for a while in the spirit of peace and harmony!!!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

So last night in the name of research (and cos i like them) i decided to have an onion sarny. Raw red onion and salt - Ive had them before and they are tasty!!!

New husband was APPALLED and told me the whole house and I stunk (is that a word??) and that "never in a million years have i heard of such a thing" then went onto rant about Brits and their food tastes!!! World war 3 nearly started!!!! All I had to do was breath on him and he would have keeled over.
Think I will leave the onions for a while in the spirit of peace and harmony!!!
The moral of the tale is that I really should learn to cook and learn to enjoy cooking. Man (and woman) cant live on sarnys alone for too long. DH had a tuna sarny for dinner - living life in the fast lane, in Northern CA!!!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:30 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

The moral of the tale is that I really should learn to cook and learn to enjoy cooking. Man (and woman) cant live on sarnys alone for too long. DH had a tuna sarny for dinner - living life in the fast lane, in Northern CA!!!
Nice sarnys at Schipol girlie
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Nice sarnys at Schipol girlie
Ah thanks!! We have 6 hours to kill so will need to eat!!!! I only had a coffee last time but it was expensive
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:36 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Ah thanks!! We have 6 hours to kill so will need to eat!!!! I only had a coffee last time but it was expensive
There are a few little places to munch that are not so expensive...don't forget that little lounge with the arm chairs and piano and fire place to relax in
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

wow thanks!! I didnt see that last time!!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:46 am

wow thanks!! I didnt see that last time!!
Oh I know and its great for a few hours rest...hope you find it.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Oh I know and its great for a few hours rest...hope you find it.
Do you have to pay to use it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.