NBA Basketball
21.43%
Other
0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Favourite North American sport

Old Jul 25th 2003, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Question Favourite North American sport

Lets try a lighter topic.

Whats your favourite North American sport? or have you simply no interest in any, and prefer the sports of your homeland. I'm a football man. Been a Washington Redskins fan since the first UK televised Super Bowl back in 1982 when they beat the Dolphins. I'll watch all the 4 main sports here though, where I'm a home town homer of the Dbacks(baseball) Suns(basketball) Coyotes(Hockey). I've had the pleasure to check out all but the Suns live while being here in AZ and the day after my wedding in september, me and the boys are going to see the Cardinals get whooped! by the Packers. Sun Devil stadium is a bitch in the heat though!. I've also seen the Giants(baseball) play Seattle at the old Candlestick park in San Francisco and the Seahawks(football) play the Chargers in the old Kingdome in Seattle.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

For my many sins Tigers, Lions, Red Wings & Pistons. Detroit all the way !
Old Jul 25th 2003, 7:51 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite North American sport

Originally posted by Pimpbot

Whats your favourite North American sport? or have you simply no interest in any, and prefer the sports of your homeland. I'm a football man. Been a Washington Redskins fan since the first UK televised Super Bowl back in 1982 when they beat the Dolphins. I'll watch all the 4 main sports here though, where I'm a home town homer of the Dbacks(baseball) Suns(basketball) Coyotes(Hockey). I've had the pleasure to check out all but the Suns live while being here in AZ and the day after my wedding in september, me and the boys are going to see the Cardinals get whooped! by the Packers. Sun Devil stadium is a bitch in the heat though!. I've also seen the Giants(baseball) play Seattle at the old Candlestick park in San Francisco and the Seahawks(football) play the Chargers in the old Kingdome in Seattle.
I don't pay much attention to sports, American or otherwise, other than the (soccer) World Cup every four years.

Since moving to the States, I've seen one baseball game (and have another one lined up in Cleveland at the end of August) but that's 'cos I was curious about the sport.

I'd like to see ice hockey (particularly the Pittsburgh Penguins) when the season resumes but can't stand American football and have no interest in basketball (yet).

NC Penguin
Old Jul 25th 2003, 8:11 pm
Dreaming of the bay

tbiller is an unknown quantity at this point

My lady wife (redhead, on the left there) is a serious Giant's and 49's fan. So I guess that (initially at least) I am too. (if I wish to maintain normal marital relations... )

Her brother is a die-hard (so, typical) Oakland Raiders fan so mealtimes can get entertaining when they are together and decide to lock horns.

Personally I can't wait to get to the USA so I can get the hell away from soccer. I spent 17 years as a press-photographer spending my winter Saturdays sat on a damp plastic bag on the touchline in grounds where the locals idea of half-time entertainment was to chuck crisp packets full of P**s at the snappers.

As far as I'm concerned if it doesn't have two or four wheels, and girls in lycra holding brollies on the starting line, then it's not a proper sport...
Old Jul 25th 2003, 8:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to vote, but I'm not going to as I can't accept that NASCAR doesn't warrant its own category.

Originally posted by tbiller
..... Personally I can't wait to get to the USA so I can get the hell away from soccer. ......
Thanks heavens! I thought it was only me!

As far as I'm concerned if it doesn't have two or four wheels, and girls in lycra holding brollies on the starting line, then it's not a proper sport...
I'm now more of a tin-top, rolling start kinda man myself now. Hey, c'mon, I live in North Carolina!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 25th 2003 at 8:23 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Redneck car? Anything Hillbillys can do, isnt a professional sport
Old Jul 25th 2003, 9:07 pm
Dreaming of the bay

Originally posted by Pulaski

I'm now more of a tin-top, rolling start kinda man myself now. Hey, c'mon, I live in North Carolina!
I'm even getting into the drag racing they show on Men and Motors in the UK!

Now that's a redneck sport. Yeeehar!!
Old Jul 25th 2003, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

and the day after my wedding in september, me and the boys are going to see the Cardinals get whooped! by the Packers.
You forget the week before Pimbot...... Lions romp home as the Mooch leads us to glory.

OK 5 & 11 is glory after the 2 seasons of M & M... How can we forget that wonderful plan of Marty's in Chicago ? Win the OT coin toss & then elect to kick the ball !

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2003, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ha Ha! I'm sure the drag racing isnt the only reason you've been watching Men and Motors! Still, I know how it is, long way away from your lady
Old Jul 25th 2003, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
You forget the week before Pimbot...... Lions romp home as the Mooch leads us to glory.

OK 5 & 11 is glory after the 2 seasons of M & M... How can we forget that wonderful plan of Marty's in Chicago ? Win the OT coin toss & then elect to kick the ball !

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was at the Cardinal vs Lions game last year. The Cards won in OT. Goes to show how bad the lions were. LOL.

Better not mention those Tigers At least the Pistons are showing some sign of a comeback.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 10:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Soon you'll be tellin' us y'all like to watch monster trucks and wresslin' too!
Old Jul 25th 2003, 10:34 pm

Redneck car? Anything Hillbillys can do, isnt a professional sport
Spoken as only a resident of Snotsdale could!
Old Jul 25th 2003, 10:42 pm
Dreaming of the bay

Originally posted by Pulaski
Soon you'll be tellin' us y'all like to watch monster trucks and wresslin' too!

Well I'd quite to go to a monster truck rally actually....but I'll pass on the WWE if it's all the same thanks...
Old Jul 25th 2003, 10:44 pm
Dreaming of the bay

Ha Ha! I'm sure the drag racing isnt the only reason you've been watching Men and Motors! Still, I know how it is, long way away from your lady
ROFL! I spend a lot of money on phone calls to make up the difference.....

They have some good shows about stuff with engines on that channel. At least I think they do...
Old Jul 26th 2003, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Actually my real vote goes to collegiate womens soccer in the pouring rain..Who needs lycra when those 18 - 21 year olds run round in those clinging football tops ?? I believe there is the occasional goal scored too, damn not that I noticed..

Votes also for womens mud wrestling.. Soon to be an Olympic sport surely ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.