Other
0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Favourite North American sport

Old Jul 26th 2003, 10:50 am
Dreaming of the bay

tbiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Actually my real vote goes to collegiate womens soccer in the pouring rain..Who needs lycra when those 18 - 21 year olds run round in those clinging football tops ?? I believe there is the occasional goal scored too, damn not that I noticed..

Votes also for womens mud wrestling.. Soon to be an Olympic sport surely ?

Three words: Women's Beach Volleyball.
Old Jul 26th 2003, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Talking of the Lions anyone seen the furore over Jesse JAcksons whinging that they were rascist for not interviewing any black head coaches for their vacancy ? The fact none applied seems to be a side issue. $ 250 000 fine, who runs the NFL ? A media happy chip on the shoulder presidential wannabe ?
Old Jul 26th 2003, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Talking of the Lions anyone seen the furore over Jesse JAcksons whinging that they were rascist for not interviewing any black head coaches for their vacancy ? The fact none applied seems to be a side issue. $ 250 000 fine, who runs the NFL ? A media happy chip on the shoulder presidential wannabe ?
The minority hiring issue is a joke. Mooch was a perfect fit for the Lions i.e. Great coaching record, Michigan native and he had just become available. 5 minority candidates turned down the chance to interview for the Lions head coaching job, as they knew damn well, that Mooch was a shoe in.

This rule could only have been thought of in America. Jesse Jackson stuck his nose into the Alabama head coaching job when Mike Price got fired for partying with strippers on the company credit card. He didnt want Shula to get the job, because he thought that a black candidate was more deserving of the job, despite the fact that Shula was an ex Crimson Tide alum, with plenty of coaching experience
Old Jul 26th 2003, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Or the classic when Ray Rhodes was fired by the Vikes, that was rascist according to the Rev.. Vikings admitted they sacked him coz he was shite full stop lol.
Old Jul 27th 2003, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default I guess its a Sport

This chasing naked woman & firing Paint Balls at them sounds pretty interesting. Though I hear it was all a hoax.

Just kidding Girls.

About the hoax that is.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 27th 2003, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Personally I think Frank, Pimbot & I would be great Olympic organizers.... What other sports should be included ?
Old Jul 30th 2003, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

lanky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

St Louis - Rams and Cardinals!!!
Also the immortal Brighton and Hove Albion, had to mention them as no one else ever does, except when footie experts are talking about "clubs in danger" or "clubs with no stadium"
Old Jul 30th 2003, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

Basketball for me...but then I enjoyed basketball as a teenager (some 15 years ago) and followed the NBA back then...so when I moved here and it was readily available on TV it was only a matter of time. Actually, I'd been following the scores on the internet for a couple of years before I moved here, so I guess the itch was coming back even then.
I also play about 3 times a week after work for an hour or so (just shooting around or one on one) and it's a great way of getting back in shape.
The only sport I really miss from the UK is F1. I still check out the results on the net, but as for actually watching...6:30 am on Sunday mornings on the Speed Channel is really, really painful, so it doesn't happen that often!
Old Jul 30th 2003, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean Harry(I sound like Frank Bruno!) I'm a big F1 fan and being that I am on either pacific or mountain time here in AZ, those early starts on sunday mornings make watching a little harder.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

Pimpbot,
And here I was complaining about 6:30 am...in Pacific or Mountain Time that would be 4:30 or 5:30. Getting up to watch at time would be true dedication...basically every race would be like watching the Japanese GP back in England!
So who is your favorite driver? I was a big Hakinnen fan until he retired and to be honest if he was still racing I would probably be getting up around 6 every other Sunday! Now that he's retired it's a toss up between Coulthard and Raikonnen. Raikonnen, considering his age, I think has the potential to be an even better driver than Hakinnen was, maybe even as good as Schuey given time. It will be really interesting to see how he does the next few seasons.
-Harry
Old Jul 30th 2003, 5:02 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Harry
Basketball for me...but then I enjoyed basketball as a teenager (some 15 years ago) and followed the NBA back then...so when I moved here and it was readily available on TV it was only a matter of time. Actually, I'd been following the scores on the internet for a couple of years before I moved here, so I guess the itch was coming back even then.
I also play about 3 times a week after work for an hour or so (just shooting around or one on one) and it's a great way of getting back in shape.
The only sport I really miss from the UK is F1. I still check out the results on the net, but as for actually watching...6:30 am on Sunday mornings on the Speed Channel is really, really painful, so it doesn't happen that often!
They repeat the whole race at 9pm - why don't you watch it then

Patrick
Old Jul 30th 2003, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cool! Thanks for the tip, Patrick.

-Harry
Old Jul 30th 2003, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Personally the thought of watching premiership games at 7 or 8 am on a sunday morning is appealing.Can I justify having a drink that early ? Hell yes !
Old Jul 30th 2003, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Harry, right now I'm a Montoya fan. I like the drivers who dont conform to the norm, but I also follow the Williams team fairly closely, so of course, I've been a big fan of Mansel, Hill, Villeneuve dating back even to Rosberg. My uncle was a huge fan of the Williams team when Rosberg was their driver and it kind of rubbed off on me and my brother.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 7:06 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Harry, right now I'm a Montoya fan. I like the drivers who dont conform to the norm, but I also follow the Williams team fairly closely, so of course, I've been a big fan of Mansel, Hill, Villeneuve dating back even to Rosberg. My uncle was a huge fan of the Williams team when Rosberg was their driver and it kind of rubbed off on me and my brother.

Kimmi! Kimmi! Kimmi!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.