Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fav commercials..

Fav commercials..

Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:38 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fav commercials..

The funniest one right now is that 7UP commercial, with that small irish dude...singing "who wants a dnL".... funny as.....

and your favourite is?
Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fav commercials..

Originally posted by Yosser
The funniest one right now is that 7UP commercial, with that small irish dude...singing "who wants a dnL".... funny as.....

and your favourite is?
There are a good few "Sunday afternoon" ads I think are funny - my current favorite is probably Little E's "wherever you're comfortable" interview ad for Budweiser!

I also liked the "on-board commentating crew" ad that Jackie Stewart did for UPS, though they haven't shown that for several weeks.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try to think of some, but right now I can only think of the Ads they have on ESPN. You can watch some of them here...http://espn.go.com/thisissportscenter/index.html The Lance Armstrong ad is a cracker
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:53 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

3 spring to mind....

1) South West Airlines - bloke & lady in an office. He says he thinks she's beautiful, she responds in kind, he puts handsfree mobile call to gf/wife on hold to say "huh?". oops

2) the VW ad with the guy pulling in to fill up the sporty car and having his choice of regular over unleaded queried by the gas jockey. The casting of the guy for the gas jockey deserves an oscar.

3) the beer ad (coors?) with the twins in the red bikinis. And before all you feminists jump down my throat a) it must have passed some sort of ad standards (??) and b) the main reason I like it is my sister in law just had twin girls a month ago and every time I see that ad, I just know my 300lb 6'6" redneck brother in law is cursing it out and dreading the day they start dating!!

Apart from that, 99% of them are total cr@p
Old Aug 15th 2003, 11:10 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

I love the GEICO commercials!

The one where they are throwing a claims adjuster out of the plane saying it's that little black dot really cracks me up.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

RaymanInPA is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the beer one in which theres two tasty looking secretarial-crumpet types in a plaza wearing short skirts and high-heels and they start to have a girl-fight and end up pushing each other into some sort of lake/water feature.

It was on earlier this year, I haven't seen it in awhile.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:47 am
Just Joined

jemstar is an unknown quantity at this point

My two fav types of US commercials are for cars and medication...

Most of the car ads show the cars doing impossible skids or mountian climbs or (in the case of a Porsche ad) 9 cars travelling in formation (a la Red Arrows) along a runway with the immortal footnote "closed course, professional drivers, do not attempt". Yep like I'm gonna traverse K2 in an SUV or get eight of my Porsche-owning mates to do stunts with me on my local airport runway....!!!

You know how all that UK ads selling medicines have to display is a footnote "always read the label" to satisfy legal requirements? Not so in the case of US ads... They have to tell you all the known side effects during the ad so you end up with the most surreal 30 seconds of TV... Picture this.....

The scene is a Mum (sorry, Mom) baking a cake in her palacial kitchen looking out of the window at her all American kids playing on the garden swing with the cheery voiceover saying.... "Your life is so busy and you want your day to pass without the discomfort of a painful migraine so you trust the people of <<manufacturer's name>> to provide you with an effective pain relief tablet to get you through the day.... Known side effects are skin rash, nausea, double vision, fever and diarrhoea.... <<manufacturer's name>>, for effective day long migraine relief"

The funniest thing is that the side effects are read out by the same cheery voice doing the rest of the ad.

Brilliant!!