Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Father-daughter Dances

Wikiposts

Father-daughter Dances

Old Dec 1st 2011, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice
Default Re: Father-daughter Dances

Originally Posted by Macca67
Is it just my imagination or are many of the victims cross-eyed?
That'll be the inbreeding The gratuitous sentimentality makes me retch. I did wonder what my dad would have said had father-daughter dances been around in my youth. I imagine he would have said, "Yon daft buggers can go t'hell". The only place me dad ever took me was to the local pub. He would sit me on a barrel in the yard and fetch me a glass of lemonade and a bag of cheese and onion crisps. Once he took me to the dogs..............
Old Dec 1st 2011, 11:30 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
The photographer's little poems make me wonder about his interests.
Its a she. The woman-folk are always to blame in the end.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 1:59 am
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimilseung
How creepy are these?
I love the Jerry Springer one of the little girl with two older teenage boys on either side of her. I think a DNA test on the show maybe on the cards in a couple of years. Haha
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
How creepy are these?
OMG, only just dared to open this, was the theme The Addams Family?
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:29 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Deliverance, I think.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Deliverance, I think.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:49 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I could only get half way through, I had some chuck up in my mouth.

I find the idea of the dances weird, but then when I look at kids relationships with their parents here compared to the UK it seems nicer here. Teenagers seem to like spending time with their parents much more here than in the UK, for a start off how many times did any of us from the UK go on holiday with our parents after the age of 15? It seems common for kids here to still go up to being around 20.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by N1cky

I find the idea of the dances weird, but then when I look at kids relationships with their parents here compared to the UK it seems nicer here. Teenagers seem to like spending time with their parents much more here than in the UK, for a start off how many times did any of us from the UK go on holiday with our parents after the age of 15? It seems common for kids here to still go up to being around 20.
I don't know if it is UK/US or just a modern trend where parents are more involved in their kids' lives.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Deliverance, I think.
Weird coincidence:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=642
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky

probably because they can blag a drink off their folks here, but in the UK they don't need the parents to do that

Plus parents are a taxi service here, so the kids have to keep the folks sweet, at least till they get a car and college paid for
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
probably because they can blag a drink off their folks here, but in the UK they don't need the parents to do that

Plus parents are a taxi service here, so the kids have to keep the folks sweet, at least till they get a car and college paid for
Yeah I think transport plays a part, they are not so independent.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
When you're 5-6, it is cute. It is a little creepy when they are 17-18 though.
Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
That's just plain weird! However, that makes me wonder ... what does everyone think about a father-daughter dance at the daughter's wedding? I never thought of that as creepy, though I didn't do it myself.
It would seem creepy if you looked at it in the vein. And I can remember a father-daughter dance when I was probably 6 or 7 and my dad taking me. That's not as vivid a memory as going to a special dinner with my dad throughout the years. Its just a way to make a memory, I guess. My husband takes our daughter to Forza for coffee and hot chocolate, its a special time for them.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 3:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
It would seem creepy if you looked at it in the vein. And I can remember a father-daughter dance when I was probably 6 or 7 and my dad taking me. That's not as vivid a memory as going to a special dinner with my dad throughout the years. Its just a way to make a memory, I guess. My husband takes our daughter to Forza for coffee and hot chocolate, its a special time for them.
It would all be about context though...and the notion behind the dance is not quite on the same line as going out for a coffee, by a country mile.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It would all be about context though...and the notion behind the dance is not quite on the same line as going out for a coffee, by a country mile.
What is the notion behind the dance? For a father and his younger daughter, I can't imagine it would be much more than a memory making event. For the other (the teen virgin thing) I've never heard of those, but yes that would be a bit creepy and OTT.

Btw, I wonder if the teen thing is more regional, say a southern thing?
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 5:10 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
What is the notion behind the dance? For a father and his younger daughter, I can't imagine it would be much more than a memory making event. For the other (the teen virgin thing) I've never heard of those, but yes that would be a bit creepy and OTT.

Btw, I wonder if the teen thing is more regional, say a southern thing?
Do you consider Colorado Springs to be the south?

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/virgin-daughters/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.