Fatbrit

Old May 8th 2013, 7:04 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fatbrit

I have to share some sad news and let you know that I was informed today of Fatbrit's passing by his wife. She wanted to let you all know that he died from "complications associated with Cholangiocarcinoma on March 15th 2013. I am not sure how to notify everyone on B.E., but I would appreciate if you would tell the community of his passing. He very much enjoyed chatting with fellow expats on this site. They were his circle of cyber-friends."

David has been a big part of this community for over 9 years and I know will be missed. I admit to having knocked heads with him now and again over the years, but I've also been appreciative of the way he went out of his way to help others by answering their questions, and pointing out the error of many a newbies ways . There has also been many a time when one of his comments has made me laugh out loud. They broke the mould when they made him.

I will miss his little bouncing sheep popping up in threads, so in his memory I am going to don his avatar for a while.

RIP fatbrit (AKA David)
Attached Thumbnails Fatbrit-fam-2.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Sue; May 8th 2013 at 11:09 pm. Reason: Added a photo of David and Kari
Old May 8th 2013, 7:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fatbrit

Very, very sorry to hear this. I wondered what had happened to him...now sadly I know.

My condolences to his wife and family.

RIP Fatbrit aka David.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad to hear this news...

Condolences to his family x
Old May 8th 2013, 7:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We were at loggerheads often over those 9 years but I always knew him to be kind, helpful and thorough in his replies and interaction with people. RIP FB. You will be missed.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Sad news. Condolences to the family of Fatbrit. RIP.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Sad news indeed. Sorry to hear this and, I'd like to join everyone else in sending my condolences.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:17 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Fatbrit. Always willing to help and he will be missed.
Condolences to all his friends and family.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness! I had been wondering where he was. I knew he had some health problems but never said much about it.

Very sad news, I will miss him a lot.

My condolences and best wishes to the family.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

bilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to behold

Oh Boy.......Condolances to the family....

I love reading the usual suspects on here and Fatbrit will be sorely missed....

Axx
Old May 8th 2013, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, terrible news, my heartfelt condolences to his family, I will miss his posts a lot.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

OMG - I wondered what had happened to him. Very very sad news. RIP fatbrit, you will never be forgotten......

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends on this very sad occasion.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:36 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

What a shock. RIP Fatbrit, and sincere condolences to his family. I am among those to whom David gave valuable advice on occasion and I will miss knowing he is out there in cyberland.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Sue
I have to share some sad news and let you know that I was informed today of Fatbrit's passing by his wife. She wanted to let you all know that he died from "complications associated with Cholangiocarcinoma on March 15th 2013. I am not sure how to notify everyone on B.E., but I would appreciate if you would tell the community of his passing. He very much enjoyed chatting with fellow expats on this site. They were his circle of cyber-friends."

David has been a big part of this community for over 9 years and I know will be missed. I admit to having knocked heads with him now and again over the years, but I've also been appreciative of the way he went out of his way to help others by answering their questions, and pointing out the error of many a newbies ways . There has also been many a time when one of his comments has made me laugh out loud. They broke the mould when they made him.

I will miss his little bouncing sheep popping up in threads, so in his memory I am going to don his avatar for a while.

RIP fatbrit (AKA David)
Will we be sending flowers or a donation to his favourite charity?
Old May 8th 2013, 7:45 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no! How awful. Please send our sympathies to Fatbrit's family.

I'll miss his little bouncy sheep too.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:50 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

RIP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.