Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

FAO Lothianlad

FAO Lothianlad

Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:15 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default FAO Lothianlad

You've never enlightened us.

This is purely out of my own morbid curiosity......

You hinted that you'll either be relocating to Canada or Iowa.

How?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 4:20 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FAO Lothianlad

Originally posted by manc1976

How?
Direct that question to ducati andy as well. Or is it the same guy?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 4:23 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Direct that question to ducati andy as well. Or is it the same guy?
Andy's planning on buying a business in CA, and has applied for an E2 visa
Old Jul 29th 2004, 4:46 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

There's about 5000 people on here with that story.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 1:19 pm
@matthewb76

bump
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

How?
Not many people use ships now..so I expect he will use an aeroplane like others.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:52 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by ray6
Not many people use ships now..so I expect he will use an aeroplane like others.
aye, but Boeing or Airbus?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy's planning on buying a business in CA, and has applied for an E2 visa

Correct! hopefully moving to Sacramentoish area, not applied for E2 yet as I can't until I find a business, looking hard though, the business is for my wife to run not me, no point jumping in and buying any old business now is there. I will then apply for a work permit and go work in the construction industry as I am a qualified Quantity Surveyor and work as a Divsional Manager for a very large construction co in Scotland at the moment.

Jambo, I never said I was going to Canada or Iowa don't know where that came from. Maybe I am one of 5000 or even 500,000 so what? does that cause a problem, I thought we had sorted this out.

Last edited by ducatiandy; Aug 3rd 2004 at 3:07 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

How?
I am in the process of applying to join a Canadian bank, location Ottawa. Now that I have got my 2:1 degree the process is speeding up. I know absolutely nobody in Canada apart from friends of my mother who live in Edmonton, Alberta, but the country has always appealed to me.

I have my own friends who live near Cedar Rapids, Iowa, who are "pressurising" me to locate to the USA and to Iowa in particular. It's a decision I will make in time. I have researched Iowa and it sounds like the back of beyond to be honest and I may die of boredom. I am essentially city bred. Sometimes it sounds attractive, and at other times the absolute opposite. That is why I come in here so often...you have no idea how much I have learned about life American style. I am sorry if I have come across as negative and anti American in some respects but that's maybe because at university that was the overall attitude among students generally.. not to mention a fair number of the tutors. Perhaps that is really all down to one certain individual...or should that be two?....oh...and recent events.

I hope that satisfies your curiosity, morbid or otherwise.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:54 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by Lothianlad
I am sorry if I have come across as negative and anti American in some respects but that's maybe because at university that was the overall attitude among students generally.. not to mention a fair number of the tutors. Perhaps that is really all down to one certain individual...or should that be two?....oh...and recent events.
University is great place to decide what you want to learn more about.

What did you study?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 6:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
What did you study?
Irritation and how to deliver it,, I believe..BUT I was his age once ..
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 6:17 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

Originally posted by ducatiandy
Jambo, I never said I was going to Canada or Iowa don't know where that came from. Maybe I am one of 5000 or even 500,000 so what? does that cause a problem, I thought we had sorted this out.
We did. I made that comment ages ago during our "disagreements".
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jambo_2004
We did. I made that comment ages ago during our "disagreements".

Ah! ok! No problem
Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:09 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lothianlad
I am in the process of applying to join a Canadian bank, location Ottawa. Now that I have got my 2:1 degree the process is speeding up. I know absolutely nobody in Canada apart from friends of my mother who live in Edmonton, Alberta, but the country has always appealed to me.
I was wondering how a 2:1 in English put you in the bracket of "skilled worker" for Canadian immigration.

Then I found the self assessment test.

I got 80 points. Cool, I'm in. Apart from the fact that my other half hates Canada and Canadians and would split my skull if I suggested moving there.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by g1ant
I was wondering how a 2:1 in English put you in the bracket of "skilled worker" for Canadian immigration.

Then I found the self assessment test.

I got 80 points. Cool, I'm in. Apart from the fact that my other half hates Canada and Canadians and would split my skull if I suggested moving there.
Please direct that question to the Canadian Bank I am negotiating with. I have no intention of splitting my skull under any circumstances.....as a migraine sufferer I know what a bad headache is.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.