Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Family selling everything they own on ebay

Family selling everything they own on ebay

Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:22 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Family selling everything they own on ebay

Cars, property, tools, house and everything in it including clothes, kid's toys and the food in the fridge. This guy is a member of another site I frequent which is where I heard about this. Interesting way to do it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=246390520789
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family selling everything they own on ebay

Hmmm interesting, hope he meets his reserve. Are his in-laws moving with him? I can understand selling the house, cars and large pieces of furniture in one auction, but to sell everything! And he has a tons of tools, how would he be able to replace all of those? I don't quite get that.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:05 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Hmmm interesting, hope he meets his reserve. Are his in-laws moving with him? I can understand selling the house, cars and large pieces of furniture in one auction, but to sell everything! And he has a tons of tools, how would he be able to replace all of those? I don't quite get that.
I thought selling the tools was pretty drastic as well, I think he'll end up regretting that. I doubt he'll make enough on the sale of everything to replace them. I guess he's planning on not needing them anymore. On the other site (where he posted the link to the auction) he said that they are keeping one pickup truck to use for the move and transport to their new location. He's hoping not to have enough stuff left after the sale to fill the bed.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Cars, property, tools, house and everything in it including clothes, kid's toys and the food in the fridge. This guy is a member of another site I frequent which is where I heard about this. Interesting way to do it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=246390520789
You want that lift and tow truck, don't you?
Old Jul 8th 2011, 2:20 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Bill_S
You want that lift and tow truck, don't you?
Wouldn't mind the whole shop... Don't even need his tools.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

I'll check back and see how they did.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Bit weird.

Endless pictures of pliers didn't seem that tempting.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 5:48 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It looked like he had a shop in town too where the tow truck was. I bet he has a whole shop of tools there too.
I know Dh used to have a full set at work and another here at the house. He has doubles of just about everything.
Pretty drastic way of moving
I hope he meets his reserve.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 5:53 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was quite sad looking at the pictures of his kids bedrooms, it's a big thing on your kids moving them away from everything they know without leaving their stuff behind
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I thought it was quite sad looking at the pictures of his kids bedrooms, it's a big thing on your kids moving them away from everything they know without leaving their stuff behind
Very true

The bid has almost doubled since I looked this morning, but still not at the reserve.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I wonder if the reserve will be met.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Yes does seem very harsh.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:55 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Endless pictures of pliers didn't seem that tempting.

"The tool boxes are completely full top to bottom with top of the line tools like Snap on, Matco, Mac Tools, Cornwell, Craftsman, SK, "

Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

"The tool boxes are completely full top to bottom with top of the line tools like Snap on, Matco, Mac Tools, Cornwell, Craftsman, SK, "

It seemed like the house and cars were just incidental extras
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:05 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It seemed like the house and cars were just incidental extras
We've been looking at houses lately. Just browsing around on the internet really, not ready for anything serious yet. Still, it's an experience that does a great job illustrating the difference between what is most important to her and what is important to me in a property. Found a place on 4 acres with a great shop, 30ftx50ft, concrete floor and everything but she didn't like the floorplan of the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.