British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Family selling everything they own on ebay (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/family-selling-everything-they-own-ebay-724107/)

another bloody yank Jul 8th 2011 12:22 pm

Family selling everything they own on ebay

Cars, property, tools, house and everything in it including clothes, kid's toys and the food in the fridge. This guy is a member of another site I frequent which is where I heard about this. Interesting way to do it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=246390520789

nethead Jul 8th 2011 12:41 pm

Re: Family selling everything they own on ebay

Hmmm interesting, hope he meets his reserve. Are his in-laws moving with him? I can understand selling the house, cars and large pieces of furniture in one auction, but to sell everything! And he has a tons of tools, how would he be able to replace all of those? I don't quite get that.

another bloody yank Jul 8th 2011 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by nethead (Post 9483062)
Hmmm interesting, hope he meets his reserve. Are his in-laws moving with him? I can understand selling the house, cars and large pieces of furniture in one auction, but to sell everything! And he has a tons of tools, how would he be able to replace all of those? I don't quite get that.

I thought selling the tools was pretty drastic as well, I think he'll end up regretting that. I doubt he'll make enough on the sale of everything to replace them. I guess he's planning on not needing them anymore. On the other site (where he posted the link to the auction) he said that they are keeping one pickup truck to use for the move and transport to their new location. He's hoping not to have enough stuff left after the sale to fill the bed.

Bill_S Jul 8th 2011 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 9483030)
Cars, property, tools, house and everything in it including clothes, kid's toys and the food in the fridge. This guy is a member of another site I frequent which is where I heard about this. Interesting way to do it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=246390520789

You want that lift and tow truck, don't you? :)

another bloody yank Jul 8th 2011 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bill_S (Post 9483131)
You want that lift and tow truck, don't you? :)

Wouldn't mind the whole shop... Don't even need his tools.;)

bevinva Jul 8th 2011 5:21 pm

I'll check back and see how they did.

Sally Redux Jul 8th 2011 5:31 pm

Bit weird.

Endless pictures of pliers didn't seem that tempting.

Mummy in the foothills Jul 8th 2011 5:48 pm

It looked like he had a shop in town too where the tow truck was. I bet he has a whole shop of tools there too.
I know Dh used to have a full set at work and another here at the house. He has doubles of just about everything.
Pretty drastic way of moving :lol:
I hope he meets his reserve.

N1cky Jul 8th 2011 5:53 pm

I thought it was quite sad looking at the pictures of his kids bedrooms, it's a big thing on your kids moving them away from everything they know without leaving their stuff behind

nethead Jul 8th 2011 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9483570)
I thought it was quite sad looking at the pictures of his kids bedrooms, it's a big thing on your kids moving them away from everything they know without leaving their stuff behind

Very true :(

The bid has almost doubled since I looked this morning, but still not at the reserve.

Ash UK/US Jul 8th 2011 6:32 pm

Wow! I wonder if the reserve will be met.

Sally Redux Jul 8th 2011 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9483570)

Yes does seem very harsh.

another bloody yank Jul 8th 2011 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9483540)
Endless pictures of pliers didn't seem that tempting.

:rolleyes:

"The tool boxes are completely full top to bottom with top of the line tools like Snap on, Matco, Mac Tools, Cornwell, Craftsman, SK, "

:tounge_smile:

Sally Redux Jul 8th 2011 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 9483691)
:rolleyes:

"The tool boxes are completely full top to bottom with top of the line tools like Snap on, Matco, Mac Tools, Cornwell, Craftsman, SK, "

:tounge_smile:

It seemed like the house and cars were just incidental extras :lol:

another bloody yank Jul 8th 2011 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9483692)
It seemed like the house and cars were just incidental extras :lol:

We've been looking at houses lately. Just browsing around on the internet really, not ready for anything serious yet. Still, it's an experience that does a great job illustrating the difference between what is most important to her and what is important to me in a property. Found a place on 4 acres with a great shop, 30ftx50ft, concrete floor and everything but she didn't like the floorplan of the house.:rolleyes: