Family Life in Bloomington, Indiana

Wikiposts

Family Life in Bloomington, Indiana

Old May 22nd 2022, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Plinko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Life in Bloomington, Indiana

Hello,

I’m going through the interview stages for a company transfer to a site in Bloomington, Indiana. I’m angling for an L1 visa but details still unconfirmed. Is there anyone who knows this area and could offer some insights on what it would be like for a young family? Specifically elementary /Middle schools and family friendly neighbourhoods.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 23rd 2022, 9:08 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Life in Bloomington, Indiana

Nothing specific. I grew up near there many years ago and passed through a few times. The campus of Indiana University (IU) is very pretty, and there are some hills here and there around the area that breaks up the normal monotony of 'flat' Illinois and Indiana farmland. It is a bit isolated, of course, being in the middle of the country with the nearest 'big' city by Indianapolis (which has a small but nice airport I would add). I think it's about 80,000 people in the area, but a good number are likely college students. Indiana is a very 'red' (Trump/Republican) state but Bloomington is a very 'blue' (Liberal) area so if you are in the town you'll probably have a mix of people, which isn't that bad.

Hopefully someone will come in and be able to answer some on the ground kind of questions. You can also check out the US-based moving website city-data.com for Indiana information. City-Data Forum - Search Results. Also some threads on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloomington...was_told_dont/

Welcome

p.s. the Oscar-winning movie from the 1970s called "Breaking Away" was filmed in Bloomington.