Reload this Page >

Family based immigration application/pregnancy

Family based immigration application/pregnancy

Old Mar 26th 2003, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

anony is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Family based immigration application/pregnancy

I really need advise!!!

My husband, my son and I am currently going through the process for Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration.
This is being sponsored by a family member who is a citizen of the US.

I have a question. My interview and Medical will be in approx. 2-3 months. Their may be a chance that I am pregnant. If I am pregnant (3 months by the time the interview comes through), will this affect any part of the process. (obviously I know that I can not allow an x-ray to be taken at the medical), but my question is aimed more toward the sponsorship. Would our sponsor have to be able to support an additional person (although unborn)? Is there anything else I shuold be aware of?

Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 30th 2003, 8:03 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family based immigration application/pregnancy

Originally posted by anony
I really need advise!!!

My husband, my son and I am currently going through the process for Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration.
This is being sponsored by a family member who is a citizen of the US.

I have a question. My interview and Medical will be in approx. 2-3 months. Their may be a chance that I am pregnant. If I am pregnant (3 months by the time the interview comes through), will this affect any part of the process. (obviously I know that I can not allow an x-ray to be taken at the medical), but my question is aimed more toward the sponsorship. Would our sponsor have to be able to support an additional person (although unborn)? Is there anything else I shuold be aware of?

Thank you in advance.
Yes is the answer, the baby due would have to be included on your sponsors affridavit of support (I-864). As far as paperwork goes its no big deal, to add on the baby. with regards to poverty guide lines level - ie the amount your sponsor needs to raise to support you as the intending emigrant, your roughly looking at an increase of $15,000 ( this is the figure you'd require for the baby over 5 years). So for argument sak, at the moment to sponsor you will cost $10,000 x 5 (125% level) = $50,000 now you'd add the baby amount, of $15,000 giving your sponsor a total of $65,000 to raise.

One very important fact is that how you go about raising this amount, basically you have to have the paperwork to proove you have stocks and shares, savings, house valuation etc.
None of these items actually have to be disposed of in real terms.
So if your short on the figures get your sponsor to talk to a nice realtor / estate agent and add on the $15,000 dollars etc you require to the valuation to get you and the new baby in.
Simple.
They ask for disposable assets but the fact is you dont have to dispose of anything, you just have to show that you have these assets at the interview as I said a good valuation !!

How do I know this, this was the advice a INS Official gave our cousin in palm beach.

Good luck and dont worry.

Mark and Debbie