Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Family Accommodation in Ottawa?

Family Accommodation in Ottawa?

Old May 10th 2002, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

flatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the rough
Default Family Accommodation in Ottawa?

HI,

I'm looking for reasonably priced family accommodation in the Ottawa area. I live in Toronto and want to take my family to the capital for a weekend in August. Most hotels or bed & breakfast places dont seem to have family rooms. I have three children and by the time I start booking 2 rooms it becomes expensive!

I was wondering if any users knew of accommodation for the 5 person family rather than the traditional 4.

Thanks,
Steve
Old May 11th 2002, 11:20 pm
Norm Soley

Default Re: Family Accommodation in Ottawa?

"flatty38" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > HI,
    >
    > I'm looking for reasonably priced family accommodation in the Ottawa area. I live
    > in Toronto and want to take my family to the capital for a weekend in August. Most
    > hotels or bed & breakfast places dont seem to have family rooms. I have three
    > children and by the time I start booking 2 rooms it becomes expensive!
    >
    > I was wondering if any users knew of accommodation for the 5 person family rather
    > than the traditional 4.

Try the Embassy Suites (not part of the chain of the same name) or the Cartier
Towers Suites.

Old May 12th 2002, 4:20 am
Lee

"Norm Soley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
    > "flatty38" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > HI,
    > >
    > > I'm looking for reasonably priced family accommodation in the Ottawa area. I live
    > > in Toronto and want to take my family to the capital for a weekend in August.
    > > Most hotels or bed & breakfast places dont seem to have family rooms. I have
    > > three children and by the time I start booking 2 rooms it becomes expensive!
    > >
    > > I was wondering if any users knew of accommodation for the 5 person family rather
    > > than the traditional 4.
    >
    > Try the Embassy Suites (not part of the chain of the same name) or the Cartier
    > Towers Suites.

We have stayed at the Arosa Suites Hotel on McLaren in downtown Ottawa and been very
happy. It is not an upscale place, but certainly nice and clean. It was the best
price we could find and have stayed there a few times. The suite is actually a one
bedroom apartment, with an equiped kitchen, and I believe the couch is a pull out.
The location is good and we were able to easily walk to all the tourist spots. good
luck and enjoy.....

Old May 14th 2002, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

flatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your replies, managed to book a very reasonably priced suite from one of your recommendations.

Have a great summer everyone!

Steve