British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Fake Tan in New York (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/fake-tan-new-york-295843/)

Alice in Wonderland Apr 11th 2005 9:24 pm

Fake Tan in New York

Does anyone know the best place in NY to get a fake tan which isn't too expensive. I am looking for one which isn't too dark eg. St Tropez - more like the Clarins one if anyone has had this done.

anotherlimey Apr 11th 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Fake Tan in New York

Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland
Does anyone know the best place in NY to get a fake tan which isn't too expensive. I am looking for one which isn't too dark eg. St Tropez - more like the Clarins one if anyone has had this done.

Who knows? but make sure you get some life insurance before the skin cancer takes hold.

Alice in Wonderland Apr 11th 2005 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Who knows? but make sure you get some life insurance before the skin cancer takes hold.

I am talking about fake tan that comes out of a bottle - not a tanning bed!!!!!!!!!

didn't know you could get skin cancer from this????

anotherlimey Apr 11th 2005 9:37 pm

I am talking about fake tan that comes out of a bottle - not a tanning bed!!!!!!!!!

didn't know you could get skin cancer from this????

Sorry my mistake, I know nothing about fake tans.

But you never know!

Why don't you just lay in the sun for a bit, once it comes out?

Alice in Wonderland Apr 11th 2005 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Sorry my mistake, I know nothing about fake tans.

But you never know!

Why don't you just lay in the sun for a bit, once it comes out?

You obviously haven't been in the UK for a while!!!

ImHere Apr 11th 2005 9:47 pm

We've got tanning salons down here in South Florida....how ******* sad is that?!

Ben Apr 11th 2005 9:49 pm

You obviously haven't been in the UK for a while!!!

Do you mean the type where you go along and someone sprays you? You get them all over. Nail and hair salons do them. Just find one nearest to where you live and ask them. Some do them for specifically this time of year round here.

Guelder Rose Apr 11th 2005 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ImHere
We've got tanning salons down here in South Florida....how ******* sad is that?!

Same here in California ... and they have a constant stream of customers ... I figured that the customers must want an all over tan which isn't possible in public places. Either that, or they mistakenly believe that sun beds are safer than the sun!

ImHere Apr 11th 2005 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
Same here in California ... and they have a constant stream of customers ... I figured that the customers must want an all over tan which isn't possible in public places. Either that, or they mistakenly believe that sun beds are safer than the sun!

Or they are infact just complete sad bastards with waaaay too much time and money.

Guelder Rose Apr 11th 2005 10:08 pm

Or they are infact just complete sad bastards with waaaay too much time and money.

They looked a bit sad ... it was a nice sunny day and I was waiting for hubby who was in the optician ... watched several women and men trot in all clutching their bottles of sun bed lotion.

Only ever used a sun bed once in my life (twas when it was the fashionable think to do in the UK) ... was put off by the thought of so many naked and sweaty bodies all having been there before me!

robskatie Apr 11th 2005 10:45 pm

Are you for real? :rolleyes:

ImHere Apr 11th 2005 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
They looked a bit sad ... it was a nice sunny day and I was waiting for hubby who was in the optician ... watched several women and men trot in all clutching their bottles of sun bed lotion.

Only ever used a sun bed once in my life (twas when it was the fashionable think to do in the UK) ... was put off by the thought of so many naked and sweaty bodies all having been there before me!

Funnily enough thats what my wife said about me at first...we still got married though.

robskatie Apr 11th 2005 10:54 pm

Funnily enough thats what my wife said about me at first...we still got married though.

:D :D :D

bored-silly Apr 11th 2005 11:10 pm

On a more helpful note you should try www.urbanbaby.com it's full of NY moms who do stuff like this and will tell you where to go (sometimes quite literally, they are a feisty bunch)