Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fahrenheit 9/11

Fahrenheit 9/11

Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cuckoofrommars
Quote "Want to share your evidence of such an accusation. Or did you make that up also?"

Sure, go read through this website...
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

Moore's whole skill is editing different pieces of footage together to create a totally different event. It isn't opinion, it's a fact.

With all due respect, you'll need a more, well, respected, source than that to criticise Moore. That place is like citing the Daily Mirror.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:38 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you even read it!? Seriously, in an argument about legitimacy this trumps Moore very time. Just read it for 20 minutes.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Did you even read it!? Seriously, in an argument about legitimacy this trumps Moore very time. Just read it for 20 minutes.
Read it before.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:41 pm

Ok.

So it must be clear that Moore is totally full of it then. Case closed.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I love the way the yanks give people the right to agree, but not disagree with their government. Do any yanks know of the Vest Wing scandal in Dublin at the moment ? the texan twat has objected to a photo of himself in a paper wearing a vest. If that is the worst he has to deal with this year, he is not doing badly.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:55 pm

I've never been a big fan of politicians of whatever rank demanding something not be done. Bush in a vest tho, it's probably best nobody but his wife sees that. Yuck.

Apparently Gerhard Schroeder banned a novel from being published this week. Granted it was about a German Chancellor who commits a murder but still.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough

To put things in perspective.

Micheal Moore has just made MORE money off of 9/11 than any other human being on this planet.

Way to go Micheal!!!!

Box Office Receipts on the events of 9/11 Movie: $28 million

Amount going to the relatives of 9/11: $0

-= nav =-
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:49 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

So you know for a fact that MM isn't donating any of his profits to causes that you would approve of? Do best-selling right wing propagandists such as Anne Coulter, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh give money to 9/11 families? Limbaugh is a millionaire, and the other two can't be far off.

And it's not as if the 9/11 families haven't received any compensation - they've received amounts up to $6million in some cases.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:03 am

Ok.

Er, which case was that? Your suitcase?

Here - a bit more reading in the interests of balance with your site.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/f911facts/

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jun 29th 2004 at 1:08 am.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:11 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

So have you read it for 20 minutes? Did you check the source of this information to confirm that this wasn't a guy just making it up (like Moore does in your opinion.....or is it someone else’s opinion)?

Please tell me you are not a lawyer. If you screamed "case closed" with this amount of weak evidence, I would be surprised if anyone hired you. Your win rate would be extremely low, not to mention your performance in court would be embarrassing.

This site is not new, it's been around a while. The allegations have been answered.

Without pointing out all the errors in the allegations, I'll pick one of them that so many people like to use. The whole Heston NRA meeting where the footage is not from Denver. Wrong. It is, and was edited for time constraints and for Heston's benefit.

People are misquoted everyday on the news and in newspapers, but does the mob rise up and slay them? No.

I'm assuming you have seen the movie? I mean, how foolish would it be to pass judgment on something you haven't seen and use another site's opinions on it? But lets assume you have.

But here is the full Heston speech from Denver (yes, the speech from the very clip in the Bowling.....movie).

GOOD MORNING.

I want to welcome you to this abbreviated annual gathering of the National Rifle Association. Thank you for coming and thank you for supporting your organization. I also want to applaud your courage in coming here today. Of course, you have a right to be here.

As you know, we've canceled the festivities and fellowship we normally enjoy at our annual gatherings. This decision has perplexed a few and inconvenienced thousands. I apologize for that. But it's fitting and proper that we should do this ... because NRA members are, above all, Americans. That means whatever our differences, we are respectful of one another and we stand united, especially in adversity

Wellington Webb, the mayor of Denver, sent me a message: "Don't come here. We don't want you here, "

I say to the Mayor, I volunteered for the war they wanted me to attend when I was 18 years old. Since then, I've run small errands for my country from Nigeria to Vietnam. I know many of you could say the same. But the Mayor said, "Don't come."

I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for the newspaper ads saying the same thing. "Don't come here." This is our country. As Americans we are free to travel wherever we wish in our broad land.

They say we'll create a media distraction. But we were preceded here by hundreds of intrusive news crews. They say we'll create political distraction. But it has not been the NRA pressing for political advantage, calling press conferences to propose vast packages of new legislation.

They say, "Don't come here." I guess what saddens me most is how it suggests complicity. It implies that you and I and eighty million honest gun owners are somehow to blame, that we don't care as much as they, or that we don't deserve to be as shocked and horrified as every other soul in America mourning for the people of Littleton.

"Don't come here." That's offensive. It's also absurd, because we live here.

There are thousands of NRA members in Denver and tens upon tens of thousands in the state of Colorado. NRA members labor in Denver's factories, populate Denver's faculties, run Denver corporations, play on Colorado sports teams, work in media across the front range, parent and teach and coach Denver's children, attend Denver's churches, and proudly represent Denver in uniform on the world's oceans and in the skies over Kosovo at this very moment.

NRA members are in City Hall, Fort Carson, NORAD, the Air Force Academy and the Olympic Training Center. And yes, NRA members are surely among the police and fire and SWAT team heroes who risked their lives to rescue the students of Columbine from evil, mindless executioners.

"Don't come here?" We are already here. This community is our home. Every community in America is our home. We are a 128-year-old fixture of mainstream America. The Second Amendment ethic of lawful, responsible firearm ownership spans the broadest cross-section of American life imaginable.
Going by this speech and the events prior to it, which one is more of an ass? Moore or Heston?

I would use your own words and say "case closed," but, it never will be as people just like to keep going on about it. But read the site again (only "20 minutes") and then do a little research of your own. It's amazing what you can find.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:15 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by supernav

Micheal Moore has just made MORE money off of 9/11 than any other human being on this planet.

Way to go Micheal!!!!

-= nav =-
Guess you didn't read about the benefit screenings then? Oh dear. A little premature again.

Old Jun 29th 2004, 2:46 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Sold out !

We under-estimated how popular this film was going to be.
But it was only showing on one screen in one cinema over here, so that was easy to do.

Anyhoots we drove over Sunday afternoon to try and see it on a mid-afternoon showing.
As we drove in the car park there wasn't a space to be had.

This doesn't bode well...

Eventually found a spot and went to the box office.
As we were walking up we saw this queue...
We looked inside and there was the rest of the queue....

Looked into the ticket office and it had ALL SEATS - SOLD OUT - ALL PERFORMANCES.
Wow !

So we decided to come back today (Monday) and see if we could get in on another matinee performance.

This time we went really early and got some tickets.
"A few left, selling out fast."

We had to wait around in the lobby for a while, watching the trailers on the TV's and then I looked around the corner to the screens and I noticed a queue was forming - 45 mins before the doors were supposed to open.
"We'd better get in this queue."

As we were standing there, behind us was this guy who came out of the queue and walked up to the ticket checker.
"Excuse me sir - What film are you going to see ?"

"White Chicks" replied the now very embarrased bloke, as he walked past a sea of giggles.

(Brave man for admitting it.)

So to cut a long -

GO AND SEE THIS FILM.

It doesn't matter what you think of Michael Moore.
If you think he's a prick then fine. He's a prick.
Put that aside and go and just go see it.

Some of you have passed judgement already without seeing it.
There is a minority on here who have a blinkered and (in my opinion) uniformed view.
Please don't bury your heads in the sand.

Go and see this film and try not to be moved by it.
I can guarantee that you will.

Even if you do see it and keep the same viewpoint then fine.
But as long as it makes you (who are eligable) go out and vote then some good will come of this.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 3:00 am
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Wow lots of comment.

rincewind i cant improve on your comments really. Its crap being here in the deep red south where they are too frightened to let people even watch it for fear they might open their minds a little. I look forward to watching it next week in the Peoples Republic of Cambridge MA. I will go to the Harvard Square cinema and sit amongst liberals and bathe in a sea of reasonable sensible politics like nothing i have experienced here in 10 months. Bliss LOL
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by supernav

Way to go Micheal!!!!

-= nav =-
oh great, it's "iron curtain" supernav again
Old Jun 29th 2004, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

supernav ejaculating his opinions prematurely again ?

As for white chicks...would a film about 2 white guys who have to black up be racially acceptable ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.