F1 visa for h1b retrunee

F1 visa for h1b retrunee

Old Aug 31st 2002, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Funky is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink F1 visa for h1b retrunee

:lecture:

Hi,

I have a typical problem. I went to the US on H1b visa right at the worst time of this recession. I also found that the "consulting firm" that hired me was only a body shopper. So I decide to move back to my country as a safe measure. Funky - isn't it?

Now if I wish to apply for a F1 visa with proper sponsorship from a US company, will I have problems with getting the Visa?? Would the officials suspect some fraud or some preconceived intent, etc??

Can someone advise?
Old Aug 31st 2002, 6:43 pm
Goofy

Default Re: F1 visa for h1b retrunee

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Funky:

Hi,

I have a typical problem. I went to the US on H1b visa right at the worst time of this recession. I also found that the "consulting firm" that hired me was only a body shopper. So I decide to move back to my country as a safe measure. Funky - isn't it?

No at all. You did the right thing. A lot of H1s are stuck with bodyshops that haven't paid them in months and are getting work out of them. Some of them even have new job offers but can't transfer their H1s to the new company because the bodyshop won't give them a paycheck. They are worried and depressed all the time. You at least go out of it with your dignitiy in tact. Be proud of yourself.

Now if I wish to apply for a F1 visa with proper sponsorship from a US company, will I have problems with getting the Visa?? Would the officials suspect some fraud or some preconceived intent, etc??

If you never went out of H1 status, you shouldn't have any trouble getting an F1. Simply because you didn't do anything illegal and never overstayed your H1 visa.

Old Sep 1st 2002, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Funky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: F1 visa for h1b retrunee

Hi Goofy,

Thanks for your encouragement. I guess it is all a part of the "American Dream". But I believe that one should hold his head high. That kind of H1b juggernaut is for the 'technical' refugees from all over the world.

I was only wondering if the party would have filed a 'complaint' with th INS, at my not condescending to their third grade treatment they give to normal H1b holders. Would this appear during my interview at the consulate??

Funky