Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Expressions of Sympathy for London Bombs?

Expressions of Sympathy for London Bombs?

Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expressions of Sympathy for London Bombs?

Originally Posted by Manc
live in Birmingham Bored-silly?
FFS Matt you're from Sale !
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:00 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
FFS Matt you're from Sale !
great town and no mistake
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:05 am
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

do you not think he may have been refferring to the ghetto you live in now ?
I think I have single-handedly managed to bring house prices down round here by at least $200k in the last couple of weeks.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bored-silly
I think I have single-handedly managed to bring house prices down round here by at least $200k in the last couple of weeks.

wait till we "the Clampets" come up
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:11 am

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

wait till we "the Clampets" come up
:scared: Its sooooo quiet round here - we'll end up with the police round!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bored-silly
:scared: Its sooooo quiet round here - we'll end up with the police round!
but we can buy drugs from the neighbours
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:16 am

but we can buy drugs from the neighbours
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I went in to my hubby's work on Friday and one of the guys in there expressed sympathy for the bombings in London. He was from Barbados, but none of the others in the room expressed any sympathy, (all the others were from USA.) I've been on vacation from work this week so will find out Monday the reaction at my work. Luckily no family or friends live or work in the London area, but it must be a scary time for those that do.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

So true to your last paragraph comments.

Originally Posted by Yosser
I've heard a few yanks on the local talk shows on the radio express sympathy but thats about it. All my neighbors know I'm a brit, I have a union jack and ST.Georges cross on my car but know one has said anything.

Come to think of it not one of my in-laws has asked me anything, I'm sure most of them are too self centered to even care.

Really though, us Brits don't need all the glamour do we! like someone else said the other day, we don't make a song or a dance about stuff like this, actually makes me quite proud to be a Brit.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:53 am
Just Joined

Pepe240sx is on a distinguished road

I feel embarassed that we haven't done enough to express our solidarity with Great Britain in the wake of this tragedy. I want to change the tide, but I doubt one person will, but it's better than nothing, by showing my support for the UK.

I was worried as hell about my friend who's in London currently and I am thankful he was alive, after he called me yesterday morning of his health. It was the longest day I've ever had on Thursday, frantically calling him to see if he's okay but all the lines were jammed

It totally sucks and I just want to let you guys know that I care, and I stand my solidarity with you Britons for what you all have gone through. I do acknowledge that it wasn't the first time you have gone through terror attacks, with the IRA and such, so please, I beg you all, don't perceive me as one who is ignorant of past events like this.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:02 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I got a load of calls and emails. I'm a Londoner and most people knew that I still had family and friends over there and called straight away to make sure no one I knew was involved.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:05 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I had the woman who works in the Brit/Celtic shop downtown phone me up the day after the bombings happened, (I'd only given her my phone number in case she ever got any beef oxo cubes in)! She was phoning to check that my family were alright, bless her.

Then there was the girl and the guy that work down the post office who expressed their sympathies and, finally, one of our Armenian friends, downtown.

A few of the ladies on another forum I belong to were also concerned enough to ask.

All of these queries have been totally unexpected but, then again, on the other hand, London is England, right?!

No, really, I appreciate their concern, it's the thought that counts.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for writing in.

Originally Posted by Pepe240sx
I feel embarassed that we haven't done enough to express our solidarity with Great Britain in the wake of this tragedy. I want to change the tide, but I doubt one person will, but it's better than nothing, by showing my support for the UK.

I was worried as hell about my friend who's in London currently and I am thankful he was alive, after he called me yesterday morning of his health. It was the longest day I've ever had on Thursday, frantically calling him to see if he's okay but all the lines were jammed

It totally sucks and I just want to let you guys know that I care, and I stand my solidarity with you Britons for what you all have gone through. I do acknowledge that it wasn't the first time you have gone through terror attacks, with the IRA and such, so please, I beg you all, don't perceive me as one who is ignorant of past events like this.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:20 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Nobody called specially, but friends and acquaintances who see me usually say "sorry about what happened" or words to that effect.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

britnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to behold

I'm still in UK at the moment with US spouse, but we actually had a couple of emails from his friends in CA asking if we were okay, which was nice, if unexpected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.