Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Experiences in transporting your stuff to America

Wikiposts

Experiences in transporting your stuff to America

Old Apr 16th 2006, 9:05 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experiences in transporting your stuff to America

If it's only somin' like 25Kg, stick it in a suitcase and carry it on the plane...but if you want to send it out, check out the parcel force, shipping is well cheap, and there's also UPS and DHL to compete against FedEx.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experiences in transporting your stuff to America

We actually used FedEx to ship some of our stuff out about three years ago. It was really simple, we bought our own boxes, filled them with all the things we didn't want to have to wait weeks for, some of the kids toys, cd's, books, some clothes that wouldn't fit in the cases, even some of my kitchen stuff that I was very attached to.

It only took a few days to be delivered to my husbands place of work, was way cheaper than any of the moving companies quotes and everything arrived with no problems.

We had a FedEx depot not too far away and hubby just had to drop off the boxes with them, fill out a form while he was there and then we just waited for an email from the employer to say they had arrived.

We had quite a lot of boxes, over 20 I believe and they just had to not exceed a certain size.