Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"Expeditious Handling"

"Expeditious Handling"

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

britintx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Expeditious Handling"

On the INS Web Site, under the Teaxs Service Cenetr pages, there is a section entitled "Expeditious Handling Requests" (http://www.ins.gov/graphics/fieldoff...as/aboutus.htm)

Which says:

Expedited processing can be requested of the Director, via fax, on a case by case basis. AILA members must process their requests through one of the AILA Liaison Co-Chairs. All requests for expedited processing of naturalization cases must be done through the local INS office having jurisdication over the applicant's residence.

Does anybody know how this works, and is it just for naturalization, or can it be applied to I-485 adjustnment of status cases?
Old Jul 24th 2002, 5:20 am
Ingo Pakleppa

Default Re: "Expeditious Handling"

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:20:14 -0700, britintx wrote:

> On the INS Web Site, under the Teaxs Service Cenetr pages, there is a section
    > entitled "Expeditious Handling Requests"
    > (http://www.ins.gov/graphics/fieldoff...as/aboutus.htm)
    >
    > Which says:
    >
    > Expedited processing can be requested of the Director, via fax, on a case by case
    > basis. AILA members must process their requests through one of the AILA Liaison
    > Co-Chairs. All requests for expedited processing of naturalization cases must be
    > done through the local INS office having jurisdication over the applicant's
    > residence.
    >
    > Does anybody know how this works, and is it just for naturalization, or can it be
    > applied to I-485 adjustnment of status cases?

Expedited processing is available for all types of cases, but is rarely granted; you
will need a serious emergency. The one exception is if your children are about to age
out - in that case, you can get expedited processing just for the asking.

Also, for cases that qualify for premium processing, INS takes the position that they
won't approve expedited processing any more because the premium processing
essentially achieves the same effect in a fairer way (and is more profitable for
them, too!)