Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Expat family member missing in Biloxi

Expat family member missing in Biloxi

Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:03 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expat family member missing in Biloxi

One of my English friends over here has the terrible task of trying to find her sister who is missing in Biloxi, I know it's a long shot but if anyone does happen to have any contact with anyone in that area who may be helping with rescue operations her name is Charlotte Small, she's 26 years old and as I say she is English.
My friend has contacted the salvation army missing persons site and is calling the British embassy today, if any of you have any other ideas, please let us know.
Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:06 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat family member missing in Biloxi

that is awful.

hope she hears good news soon.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:28 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Can you provide a physical description of her, or better yet, a photo? We could post this on various message boards around the internet to cast a wider net, as they say.

I'm a member of a site which has active memberships literally in the tens of thousands, I'd be happy to post a pic and/or description of her on there. It's not much, but it's something.

~ Jenney
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:36 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
One of my English friends over here has the terrible task of trying to find her sister who is missing in Biloxi, I know it's a long shot but if anyone does happen to have any contact with anyone in that area who may be helping with rescue operations her name is Charlotte Small, she's 26 years old and as I say she is English.
My friend has contacted the salvation army missing persons site and is calling the British embassy today, if any of you have any other ideas, please let us
Have you tried the Red Cross missing persons number, 866-GET-INFO?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/30/kat....us/index.html
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:38 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Also for New Orleans:

http://neworleans.craigslist.com/laf/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurrica...ks_and_sources

maybe best?

http://www.findkatrina.com/
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:39 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Can you provide a physical description of her, or better yet, a photo? We could post this on various message boards around the internet to cast a wider net, as they say.

I'm a member of a site which has active memberships literally in the tens of thousands, I'd be happy to post a pic and/or description of her on there. It's not much, but it's something.

~ Jenney
Thanks for that, I will see if she has a photo and try to get a discription
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:42 pm
Lapine Member

Try to see if she has any tattoos, scars, or known missing or repaired teeth.

On the very hopeful side, remember that most phone and 'Net infrastructure is down, and what is available is turned to outgoing only for the purpose of contacting family and asking for relief from various agencies. T-mobile are starting to open up free hot-spots for people to email their family and friends.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I know this uncertainty must be absolutely terrible for her family and friends, but there must be 1000s of people who are stranded somewhere, safe but unable to make contact with anyone outside the immediate area.

So I reckon the chance of her being one of those many, rather than of the few who have lost their lives, must be immeasurably higher.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:02 pm

Thanks for that SB, have added her name at findkatrina for her, she has also added her to american red cross.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:36 pm
Winterwords

New info on BBC site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4200246.stm

"We have had no reports of any British deaths and that is merciful given the scale of this natural disaster."

Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Winterwords
New info on BBC site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4200246.stm

"We have had no reports of any British deaths and that is merciful given the scale of this natural disaster."
Thanks for that, I will foreward this to her, she is going to send me a photo later so I will try and upload it onto the photo gallery.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I will foreward this to her, she is going to send me a photo later so I will try and upload it onto the photo gallery.

I heard on CNN that they are setting up a pix site for missing people. So also check them out and include her photo there.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

~ Jenney
Have posted a photo in the photo gallery, she is actually 28 years old (oops) 5ft3in and was with her boyfriend Ray Gara, 27 who is American.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:59 am
Adopt me????!!!!!

serdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud of

My friend has contacted the salvation army missing persons site and is calling the British embassy today, if any of you have any other ideas, please let us know.
Thanks
The American Red Cross is always your best bet. They control all the shelters and also assist with resque, disaster assistance, etc. Tell your friend to try them.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:45 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Expat family member missing in Biloxi

Here's another website (albeit it is a New Orleans site) but it does have a "where are you" section:

http://www.nola.com

Let's hope there will be good news.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.