Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Expansion of help plea!!!!!!

Expansion of help plea!!!!!!

Old Jul 24th 2002, 11:20 pm
The Mallrat

Default Expansion of help plea!!!!!!

Hi there, I have my medical and interview for my fiancee visa (K-1) at the consular
section of the US Embassy in London on August 5th 2002. I am a UK resident wishing to
reside in the USA and marry my fiancee who is an american citizen. I was wondering if
anyone had an idea of what I can expect from this interview, and any advice on what I
may need to take with me and what they expect of me. I have pictures of us together
both in USA (including night of our engagement) and here in UK and also when we went
to Paris last year. I have letters from her including envelopes with postmarks dating
back to 1999. I have copy of reciepts for deposits we have made on hiring a room for
our wedding reception, I also have every e-mail she has sent me since April 1999. I
have no criminal record and a police certificate to prove it and I also have a
notarised I-134 affidavit of support filled in by my fiancee's mother as I will be
living at her parents' house to start off with. I also have around £2,500 saved in my
bank account at the moment. Basically I am very nervous about the interview, as I
don't know what I would do if they refuse to give me a visa!!!!!!! Can anyone help as
I am going out of my mind with worry and it would help me greatly if I had an idea of
what to expect.

Many thanks in advance, Kind regards, Richard.

Old Jul 25th 2002, 12:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expansion of help plea!!!!!!

You will be examined by Dr. Phelan at his office along with many other visa hopefuls. You can expect to get some immunizations if you don't already have them and proof of having them. From there you will go to your interview at the US Consulate. You will be asked for the paperwork in the same sequence as presented on the checklist you returned in order to obtain the interview date. Give them copies of everything but the I-134. That they require the original of. Bring originals of everything with you but give them the copies only. I can almost guarantee that they will not require any proof of your relationship with your fiancee such as e-mails, letters, photos, etc. They might ask you a few questions as to where she lives, works, what you plan on doing when you arrive in the States. That will be the extend of your interview. They only reasons for denial of the K-1 is if you have a medical condition that is contagious or which might make you dependent on the US population for support, fraud or lack of financial support. Your income and/or savings will not even be asked.

Rete