Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Execution by Lethal Injection- Problems

Wikiposts

Execution by Lethal Injection- Problems

Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Execution by Lethal Injection- Problems

Originally Posted by rincewind
They should be fully conscious during the procedure and be made to feel all the pain imaginable.

If somebody takes another’s life, why the hell should they be treated humanly and have rights them selves? Poor, poor prisoner
Thing is...not everyone is a monster that is on death row and people forget that...
Sure there are right evil people out there, but not everyone that is up for murder is evil...there's gangland killings, not the nicest of people, but they aren't the same as a tiddy fiddler that kills a family...nor maybe someone that's caught there spouse having it off with a best mate that goes on to kill either one a complete monster...
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:48 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
My sentiments exactly! One of my employees friends (he didn't know what a psycho he was) recently molested and killed his sister and her two small children....In an hour her poor husband lost his entire family, a mother lost her daughter and two grandchildren. Now do you really think we should treat this MONSTER humanely? He is now in prison in Concord NH where my best friends husband is a prison guard. Do you know these idiots are given prime rib, lobsters and feel they have RIGHTS? They have tv's, stereos, dvd players, etc..............make things in the craft shop and SELL THEM for a PROFIT for themselves. Give me a break. Whatever happened to bread and water and paying the coonsequences for ones own actions. I am a very caring and humane person, but when someone like this does something, we, the taxpayers pay for it. I say they should suffer greatly. Sorry, but this is my opinion.

I know what you're saying but don't you think that people who commit these sort of crimes are seriously mentally ill? I'm not saying they should be given a comfy cell and treated to $$$$ in rehab services but I do think that anyone who does commit those sort of evil peodophile/homocidal/pyschotic type crimes are, somewhere along the way, totally mentally ill. In my opinion death is an escape for them and a relief. Look at Harold Shipman and Fred West, rather than face years in prison, they hung themselves. I think they should be kept alive and forced to live for years and years being punished for what they have done.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:23 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Thing is...not everyone is a monster that is on death row and people forget that...
Sure there are right evil people out there, but not everyone that is up for murder is evil...there's gangland killings, not the nicest of people, but they aren't the same as a tiddy fiddler that kills a family...nor maybe someone that's caught there spouse having it off with a best mate that goes on to kill either one a complete monster...
ah but bob would the people in circumstances you mentioned even find themselves on death row?? Probably not....

I'd say if a person found themselves on death row because they were without a doubt guilty for a heinous crime..then i say fry the bugger.....i don't care how to be honest just do it fast...inmates on death row for 20+ years is a sad joke at the tax-payers expense
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
ah but bob would the people in circumstances you mentioned even find themselves on death row?? Probably not....

I'd say if a person found themselves on death row because they were without a doubt guilty for a heinous crime..then i say fry the bugger.....i don't care how to be honest just do it fast...inmates on death row for 20+ years is a sad joke at the tax-payers expense
well there's plenty on death row in texas, and the state can't be that sick and twisted can it?
And death row is expensive, do have to make sure they are actually guilty as you only get once chance...
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

welykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by IluvAbrit
'cept some people aren't...................fixable (for lack of better words)
The thing is were they unfixable at birth? and if not then shouldn't we be trying to stop them getting broken in the first place. Rather than punishing them for something that may not have been entirely their fault.

Do you know in the UK an 11 year old girl could be prosecuted for prostitution because she is over the age of criminal responsibility and the government won't decriminalise it even though a child that age involved in prostition is the victim of child abuse
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:52 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welykuk
The thing is were they unfixable at birth? and if not then shouldn't we be trying to stop them getting broken in the first place. Rather than punishing them for something that may not have been entirely their fault.
you're right ..if only the bleeding hearts would fight for the rights of poor unloved, abused children rather than the rights of murders and criminals
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

welykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant future

you're right ..if only the bleeding hearts would fight for the rights of poor unloved, abused children rather than the rights of murders and criminals
Whats needed is one of those line in the sand type arangements where we write off everyone already on death row - just kill them and say we're going to do better in future and then spend all the money that would have been spent apealling their cases and feeding them etc on better family support and then see if 20 years later anything has improved.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:04 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

No every person fits the same mold. You can't say that everyone in a certain "social" mold will turn about to be on Death Row later on in life.

Some people can't be fixed, hence the term "repeat offender."
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:06 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

write off everyone already on death row - just kill them and say we're going to do better in future
Agreed on that.

Show them that you don't sit on Death Row anymore and have the chance of endless appeals. Show them that if you screw up, your time is up. Watch the crime rates drop then.

The more the legal system is a joke, the less it deters.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:09 am
Back Again

Whats needed is one of those line in the sand type arangements where we write off everyone already on death row - just kill them and say we're going to do better in future and then spend all the money that would have been spent apealling their cases and feeding them etc on better family support and then see if 20 years later anything has improved.
I've the feeling you're being sarcastic...but i think that's the best idea I've heard yet!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rincewind
No every person fits the same mold. You can't say that everyone in a certain "social" mold will turn about to be on Death Row later on in life.]

Agreed, but happy people are less likely to feel the need to interfere with others lives so if we can help people be happier then there would probably be less anti-social behaviour

[Some people can't be fixed, hence the term "repeat offender."
My point was imo people aren't born evil, once you've got an offender fixing that can be very difficult hence the repeating pattern but if we could find a way of preventing the first offence we'd have less problems all round.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

I've the feeling you're being sarcastic...but i think that's the best idea I've heard yet!
I was only half joking. The thing with social engineering is that you need to be able to start with a clean slate and its a fact of life that we never get to start that way so its hard to work establish what is the best place to start.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:33 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

My point was imo people aren't born evil, once you've got an offender fixing that can be very difficult hence the repeating pattern but if we could find a way of preventing the first offence we'd have less problems all round.
I disagree, as I understand it some people have signs very early on that can point to them becoming an offender later in life, Jeffrey Dahmer tortured animals as a small child, could his crimes have been prevented? Dr Phil did a show not too long ago and had a child on there that was showing serious signs like this, he was from a very loving ordinary family who were horrified by his actions, so I do believe they can be born evil.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
Dr Phil did a show not too long ago...
Please!!!
Dr Phil is entertainment and ABSOLUTELY nothing else!!!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Please!!!
Dr Phil is entertainment and ABSOLUTELY nothing else!!!
that's a stretch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.