Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Execution by Lethal Injection- Problems

Wikiposts

Execution by Lethal Injection- Problems

Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:30 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Execution by Lethal Injection- Problems

It seems that many prisoners executed by lethal injection may not be put to death in a humane manner, according to this article .

What do you think? Are you concerned that US prisoners die in a humane manner?

NC Penguin
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:37 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Execution by Lethal Injection- Problems

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
It seems that many prisoners executed by lethal injection may not be put to death in a humane manner, according to this article .

NC Penguin

It still seems a lot more humane than the chair.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:09 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

snap
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...07#post2255907
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:11 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
Do you think that WHAT THEY HAVE DONE to be in this position is humane? I think if someone KILLS someone, abuses SMALL CHILDREN, etc, then the PUNISHMENT should fit the CRIME! Sory if I get anyone going by this but in my opinion, they SHOULD SUFFER! If they are sentenced to die for a Crime they have committed then they should suffer the consequenses.
It would be far better to put someone to death in a humane way rather than kill them a way somewhat alike to how murderers commit their crimes. To do otherwise would be lowering the Government/State to the same level as those who are being executed.

Or, do you think those on Death Row are excluded from Article 5 of the Declaration of Human Rights?

"Article 5.
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment."

NC Penguin
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Either way, execution isn't a deterent, so making it nasty won't put people off...but then, also, texas executes a fair number of people, and you can't say all of those people were evil tiddy fiddlers now can you....some probably just had crap lawyers.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:07 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think that WHAT THEY HAVE DONE to be in this position is humane? I think if someone KILLS someone, abuses SMALL CHILDREN, etc, then the PUNISHMENT should fit the CRIME! Sory if I get anyone going by this but in my opinion, they SHOULD SUFFER! If they are sentenced to die for a Crime they have committed then they should suffer the consequenses.
I agree with you UKintheUSA, if anyone hurt my child, I would not care how much they suffered, if that makes me lower myself to thier level then so be it.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

welykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant future

I
NC Penguin
When I was younger I used to think the death penalty was a good idea but I'm less convinced of that now. I would probably prefer a quicker process than lethal injection especially if there was a chance I'd be conscious during it.
I was interested in the fight for jurisdiction after the Washington sniper was arrested because they wanted to try him in VA where they could be sure the death penalty woud apply rather than MD where he'd probably get life.
In general I don't think having a death penalty statute solves anything other than giving victims and their families a sense of "eye for an eye" which may be all a society wants. I'd like to think society was attempting to evolve and aspire to be better than it currently was rather than being satisfied with the status quo.

wendy
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:35 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

They should be fully conscious during the procedure and be made to feel all the pain imaginable.

If somebody takes another’s life, why the hell should they be treated humanly and have rights them selves? Poor, poor prisoner
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
They should be fully conscious during the procedure and be made to feel all the pain imaginable.

If somebody takes another’s life, why the hell should they be treated humanly and have rights them selves? Poor, poor prisoner
yes I agree they forfieted [sp.]all rights when they took a life or abused a child, so let them suffer. We tend to forget the families of the vicitms and how they will have to suffer for the rest of their lives.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:45 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

My sentiments exactly! One of my employees friends (he didn't know what a psycho he was) recently molested and killed his sister and her two small children....In an hour her poor husband lost his entire family, a mother lost her daughter and two grandchildren. Now do you really think we should treat this MONSTER humanely? He is now in prison in Concord NH where my best friends husband is a prison guard. Do you know these idiots are given prime rib, lobsters and feel they have RIGHTS? They have tv's, stereos, dvd players, etc..............make things in the craft shop and SELL THEM for a PROFIT for themselves. Give me a break. Whatever happened to bread and water and paying the coonsequences for ones own actions. I am a very caring and humane person, but when someone like this does something, we, the taxpayers pay for it. I say they should suffer greatly. Sorry, but this is my opinion.
and i bet he pled "not guilty"
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

welykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rincewind

In the world as it currently is there seem to be some people deserving of this type of treatment. Unfortunately not everyone who "deserves" to be treated this way will be and some who don't deserve to be will. Until justice doesn't depend on what you can afford or who you know and we try to solve the situations that allow crimes that qualify for a death penalty to arise I can't support the view that this is the best way to deal with the problem
I think if we write a human being off as irrideemable then we have missed an opportunity to improve things for us all in future. Its giving up on a problem. It may be we are not in a position to come up with a solution at the moment but acceptance of this as valid solution stops us searching for a better way

IMHO
wendy
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Do you know these idiots are given prime rib, lobsters and feel they have RIGHTS? They have tv's, stereos, dvd players, etc..............make things in the craft shop and SELL THEM for a PROFIT for themselves. Give me a break. Whatever happened to bread and water and paying the coonsequences for ones own actions..
I have to say despite my veiws on the death penalty I do wonder how the above actually helps deter anyone from a life of crime. Given many criminals come from deprived backgrounds that don't meet HR requirements I'm all for the bread and water cold damp cell scenario. Except from the little I've read I don't know that that environment actually does anything to reduce reoffending rates.

Did you know the "jury of your peers" was originally people that knew you and could make an informed decision as to whether your actions were justified or out of character but that was changed because of jury intimidation.

wendy
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:10 am
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

It would be far better to put someone to death in a humane way rather than kill them a way somewhat alike to how murderers commit their crimes. To do otherwise would be lowering the Government/State to the same level as those who are being executed.
NC Penguin

We can't get much lower.................

I have a lot of anger to release, I'd volunteer as a shooter...........
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:13 am

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

My sentiments exactly! One of my employees friends (he didn't know what a psycho he was) recently molested and killed his sister and her two small children....In an hour her poor husband lost his entire family, a mother lost her daughter and two grandchildren. Now do you really think we should treat this MONSTER humanely? He is now in prison in Concord NH where my best friends husband is a prison guard. Do you know these idiots are given prime rib, lobsters and feel they have RIGHTS? They have tv's, stereos, dvd players, etc..............make things in the craft shop and SELL THEM for a PROFIT for themselves. Give me a break. Whatever happened to bread and water and paying the coonsequences for ones own actions. I am a very caring and humane person, but when someone like this does something, we, the taxpayers pay for it. I say they should suffer greatly. Sorry, but this is my opinion.

Exactly!!! and I am so sorry for that story you had to share. I simply cannot imagine.....
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by welykuk
In the world as it currently is there seem to be some people deserving of this type of treatment. Unfortunately not everyone who "deserves" to be treated this way will be and some who don't deserve to be will. Until justice doesn't depend on what you can afford or who you know and we try to solve the situations that allow crimes that qualify for a death penalty to arise I can't support the view that this is the best way to deal with the problem
I think if we write a human being off as irrideemable then we have missed an opportunity to improve things for us all in future. Its giving up on a problem. It may be we are not in a position to come up with a solution at the moment but acceptance of this as valid solution stops us searching for a better way

IMHO
wendy

'cept some people aren't...................fixable (for lack of better words)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.