Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Excited, Restless, limbo and holding it all in.

Excited, Restless, limbo and holding it all in.

Old Sep 18th 2014, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

smarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excited, Restless, limbo and holding it all in.

Emailed 3 Ford dealers in Westchester County, NY. 3 days later one still hasn't even answered my email, one came back without a price then eventually with just the MSRP and the 3rd eventually csme back to say she'd been away (obviously never heard of out of office then!) but when I asked for a price she emailed me and asked for my number so she could call me. Just email a price! That's all I want. It's like pulling teeth!!!
Old Sep 19th 2014, 3:03 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

reply back that if she cant send the price can she let you know of the other ford dealers in the area and you can ask there.

oh and be aware that we are seeing reports on here that the SSN office WONT give out the printed ssn the next day anymore (sayong policy change). Id give it a try but you may find policy has changed and this throws a spanner into the works/plans
Old Sep 19th 2014, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui

oh and be aware that we are seeing reports on here that the SSN office WONT give out the printed ssn the next day anymore (sayong policy change). Id give it a try but you may find policy has changed and this throws a spanner into the works/plans
Oh that could be frustrating.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. So thats it, I got my passport back today with the visa in. I'm going to America! Still got a to-do list that matches that of a nasa moon landing, but the excitement is masking much of stress.

Thanks all to all the good and useful information that you provide, i hope to be able to feed some of my experience back into the system.