Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Excited, Restless, limbo and holding it all in.

Excited, Restless, limbo and holding it all in.

Old Jun 16th 2014, 11:22 am
Soon to be Expat

gazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Excited, Restless, limbo and holding it all in.

Similar waiting game here, though a little further along.

1st November 2013 - Offered transfer to US by employer.

23rd April 2014 - Visa Petition Submitted (L1-A with expedited processing)

7th May 2014 - Request for additional evidence received from CIS, all of which was already in the original application, colour coded and indexed . . .

22nd May 2014 - Re-submitted with everything re-packaged and a load more supporting evidence.

30th May 2014 - Email indicating L1 approval received by lawyer

3rd June 2014 - Hard copy of I-797B received and Embassy appointment booked.

12th June 2014 - Visa interview, took about three hours and was told we are approved and they took our passports.

16th June (Today) - Both mine and wives applications go from "Administrative Processing" to 'Issued" on CEAC

So now just need to wait for the delivery of the passports . . .

It is difficult sometimes as you try and carry on with life and ignore it, but it does play into the decisions you make day to day, silly things like whether to buy a new tub of Cinamon that you can't take with you. Or committing to things with friends. It's a weird limbo.

Though hopefully our waiting is nearly done.

All of this does however prepare you for the paperwork and waiting i'll be doing when i get there with SSN and driving e.t.c i guess . . .

Goos luck to all who are still waiting!

Cheers

Gareth
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that is good breakdown of the process, thanks Gareth and congratulations!

What happens at the Interview to take 3 hours?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that is good breakdown of the process, thanks Gareth and congratulations!

What happens at the Interview to take 3 hours?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:17 pm
Soon to be Expat

gazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant futuregazzer82 has a brilliant future

Hi!

The actual interview took about ten minutes:

9.30am - Arrived at Embassy
11.00am - Entered Embassy
11.15am - Called to first window and submitted paperwork.
12.00pm - Called to second window, and was asked a few basic questions about by company, told we where approved and sent to cashier to pay the fee for the wives L2.
12.15pm - Went back to the window, handed over the receipt for payment and was told to expect the passport in 3-5 working days.
12.20pm - In Costa having a celebratory coffee and bit of cake

Cheers

Gareth
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:17 pm
Soon to be Expat

Hi!

12.00pm - Called to second window, and was asked a few basic questions about by company, told we where approved and sent to cashier to pay the fee for the wives L2.
12.15pm - Went back to the window, handed over the receipt for payment and was told to expect the passport in 3-5 working days.

Cheers

Gareth
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gazzer82
Hi!

Cheers

Gareth
Brilliant. I would like to reward you with another bit of cake for the wonderfully detailed responses.

Did your firm pay to have the visa fast tracked as it looks pretty slick?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:45 pm
Soon to be Expat

Well i do like Cake . . . .

Yes the company paid for the initial application to be fast-tracked (Called Premium Processing Service), which guarantees a response within 15 calendar days. The response can be a request for more evidence, as in my application, but when you re-submit they are then required to process the next request also within 15 calendar days.

It costs $1,225 for my L1-A, but it was well worth it for me (particularly as my employer paid for it) as standard processing can take months!

Hope that helps.

Gareth
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:03 pm
California Dreamin

Lilly77 is an unknown quantity at this point

oooh us too!! We are in similar limbo!

Our timeline:\\

Job offer Oct 2013
Started O1 Visa process (collating evidence etc) January 2014
Submitted O1 Visa application 20 May 2014
RFE received 2 June 2014
Submitted O1 RFE Response last week Friday (13 June) but USCIS not received it yet. We paid PP so 15 calendar day time clock for us starts for us when they receive our response!!

WE have tenants lined up to move in, have provisionally booked shippers for beginning of July. I am trawling this site for info (SO helpful!!) looking on Westside rentals for property in Santa Monica. Calling the schools, researching area etc.

And we have yet to be granted a visa!!!!! Nerve wracking!!!

where are you moving to?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:09 pm
Soon to be Expat

Hey Lilly,

California bound too, we are looking at Pasadena/Eagle Rock/Glendale, as they are all close to work for me. Would love to be near the beech, but the commute would be a nightmare!

Good luck with the application!

Cheers

Gareth
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:12 pm
California Dreamin

Lilly77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Gareth, you too, and congrats on your approval!! So you received RFE too? Our lawyers say our RFE response is strong, within the time they asked for more evidence, my OH was nominated for another award (his 6th) and had more press on him, so I'm feeling pretty positive we will get approved!

We are looking at Santa monica, Culver city and pacific Palisades, as they have really good state middle schools. We are both self employed so working from home/studio which will be close by.

We hope to know by end of next week!
Lilly
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:22 pm
Soon to be Expat

Yeah we had RFE as well, but they basically asked for a load of things what where already in the application. We added some CV's and Degree certificates for some of the people who work for me and a strongly worded letter from my Lawyer pointing out that they had missed all the existing evidence . . .

Lawyer wanted to get all Ombudsman on their ass, but i didn't think annoying them, whilst trying to get a Visa, was the best idea in the world.

Hopefully you'll get your answers soon!

One thing i would say, when you go to the embassy, get there early as the cue gets huge, thankfully it was sunny for us, but that many hours cueing in the rain wouldn't be much fun!

Cheers

Gareth
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gazzer82
Well i do like Cake . . . .

Yes the company paid for the initial application to be fast-tracked (Called Premium Processing Service), which guarantees a response within 15 calendar days. The response can be a request for more evidence, as in my application, but when you re-submit they are then required to process the next request also within 15 calendar days.

It costs $1,225 for my L1-A, but it was well worth it for me (particularly as my employer paid for it) as standard processing can take months!

Hope that helps.

Gareth
It really does, thank you. My firm are paying for the Premium service i just was not sure exactly what that meant. My request is for the L1-B so slightly different path for the same thing i think.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Little update. I got the email last night that they have started the the processing of my application and will adjudicate within 15 calendar days of application. Which on my calendar means that i have 11 days to wait!

So 11 days until a whirlwind of excitement and activity or... Life returns to normal i guess.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmallShinyAnt
Little update. I got the email last night that they have started the the processing of my application and will adjudicate within 15 calendar days of application. Which on my calendar means that i have 11 days to wait!

So 11 days until a whirlwind of excitement and activity or... Life returns to normal i guess.
Not necessarily since if a RFE is issued, the clock starts over again.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:24 am
Soon to be Expat

So an update on our progress.

Movers are in tomorrow, and by Friday we are out of our UK house.

We are then heading on our grand farewell tour!

Fly out to LA on the 13th of August, then need to start the process of getting SSN, Driving License, Car and a House!

Cheers

Gareth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.