Reload this Page >

EXCITED, Booked my Flight: London -> NY -> Chicago

EXCITED, Booked my Flight: London -> NY -> Chicago

Old May 10th 2004, 2:14 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default EXCITED, Booked my Flight: London -> NY -> Chicago

Hi all,

I'm so excited, I just booked my flight!!! I'm going June 12th at 1pm, I'm flying from London, to New York to try and get this temporary work stamp. Then flying onto Chicago O'hare to be picked up by my baby!!!

Man I tell you, its all becoming a reality now. I'm just thinking it taken 251 days to get to this point, it will be 274 by the interview, and then 284 by the time I leave. All in all, the timing couldn't of worked out any better in terms of making it out for the wedding. Guess I would of rather been approved back in April for piece of mind, but anyway I don't care i'm just so happy right now.

Bring on the interview, and my final flight. The end is near!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting on your service centres, the national visa centre and your U.S. embassy/consular. I know how you all feel and just want to reassure you, that you do eventually get somewhere in this damn process!

Best of luck,

James
Old May 10th 2004, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default Re: EXCITED, Booked my Flight: London -> NY -> Chicago

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi all,

I'm so excited, I just booked my flight!!! I'm going June 12th at 1pm, I'm flying from London, to New York to try and get this temporary work stamp. Then flying onto Chicago O'hare to be picked up by my baby!!!

Man I tell you, its all becoming a reality now. I'm just thinking it taken 251 days to get to this point, it will be 274 by the interview, and then 284 by the time I leave. All in all, the timing couldn't of worked out any better in terms of making it out for the wedding. Guess I would of rather been approved back in April for piece of mind, but anyway I don't care i'm just so happy right now.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting on your service centres, the national visa centre and your U.S. embassy/consular. I know how you all feel and just want to reassure you, that you do eventually get somewhere in this damn process!

Best of luck,

James

I can imagine how excited you are now as even I am excited for you on reading this email !. As a matter of interest how did you book the flight. Was a one way ticket much cheaper than a return ?

Niall
Old May 10th 2004, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Wooohoooooo count the days !!! Good luck (although you wont need it) and enjoy your last few days in the UK.

Jan
Old May 10th 2004, 2:38 pm

Originally posted by MrDub
I can imagine how excited you are now as even I am excited for you on reading this email !. As a matter of interest how did you book the flight. Was a one way ticket much cheaper than a return ?

Niall
Yeah I booked a one way for £234 to New York. Then Angie is booking me a single from New York to Chicago, she has a bunch of United vouchers from a time they lost her luggage so we are going to use them for that fare.

Return fares were about £450 + so it was definately a saving on the single fare. I used:

www.ebookers.com

They are really good, 2nd flight i've booked through them now.

James
Old May 10th 2004, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

ahiggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I booked a one way for £234 to New York. Then Angie is booking me a single from New York to Chicago, she has a bunch of United vouchers from a time they lost her luggage so we are going to use them for that fare.

Return fares were about £450 + so it was definately a saving on the single fare. I used:

www.ebookers.com

James
Good luck. You have nothing to worry about regarding the interview. I think everyone who has done it will tell you, it's a big anticlimax. I'm counting the days for London to tell me my interview date. I'm hoping I will know this week. Maybe I'll see you at your interview!
Old May 10th 2004, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

www.ebookers.com

James
James,
Just a quick note to let you know your PM inbox is full. I tried sending a message to you and it failed for this reason.

Niall
Old May 10th 2004, 3:17 pm

Niall,

Thanks its completely empty, i got a notifications that it was full. Something is screwed up with my account, i've emailed tech support so we'll see!

James
Old May 10th 2004, 3:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Niall,

Thanks its completely empty, i got a notifications that it was full. Something is screwed up with my account, i've emailed tech support so we'll see!

James

CHECK YOUR SENT AND SAVED BOXES. They can account for the full message.

Rete
Old May 10th 2004, 3:44 pm

Originally posted by Rete
CHECK YOUR SENT AND SAVED BOXES. They can account for the full message.

Rete
That would be it, cheers. I didn't know that feature existed, its well buried away in there isn't it.
Old May 10th 2004, 3:48 pm
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Best of luck,

James
Congrats. I know it must feel great. I cannot wait till my Wife books her tickets.