British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Excellent Movers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/excellent-movers-316844/)

fad_shen Jul 29th 2005 2:03 pm

Excellent Movers

Dear All,

Just wondering if you used any really excellent movers?

I have compiled the following list (feel free to add to it):

Excess International Movers
Anglo Pacific
PSS
4 Removals - Beechcroft
Britannia
John Mason
Allied Pickfords
1st move International Removals
Allfreight
Fox
Eagle Relocations Ltd
Doree Bonner International
Atlantic International Movers Ltd.
Crown Relocations UK
Abels International Moving Services
worldwideremovals
Euro USA Shipping
moversinternational

Regards,

Fady

Eskimo Jul 29th 2005 3:25 pm

Re: Excellent Movers

Pickford's were brilliant at both ends for us. It turned up on exactly the date they said - some stuff did get slightly damaged but we were compensated immediately

clydegirl Jul 29th 2005 3:48 pm

Have to say Pickfords.Just shipped some stuff ,everything packed well.No damage.

Philgr Jul 29th 2005 4:31 pm

I've used Crown once and Graebel twice (they sub the UK end to Michael Gerson's). Excellent service all three times but they were all company transfers so cost wasn't an issue.

CitySimon Jul 29th 2005 6:03 pm

I really should read all of the thread before I start posting.

Used John Mason... really good... inexpensive... nothing broken.

Duncan Roberts Jul 29th 2005 8:40 pm

I know it's a little off topic but for moves within the US I highly recommend two men and a truck. We used them and they were quick, cheap, efficient and very professional. No breakages or scratches to our stuff, our apartment or our house. It has been the same story for 2 other people we know. They are not in all states yet though.

NC Penguin Jul 31st 2005 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I know it's a little off topic but for moves within the US I highly recommend two men and a truck. We used them and they were quick, cheap, efficient and very professional. No breakages or scratches to our stuff, our apartment or our house. It has been the same story for 2 other people we know. They are not in all states yet though.

IMHO using Two Men and a Truck is a caveat emptor experience. The company is run through franchises and I was considering them for my move (of about 2 miles) but after I read the comments on Better Business Bureau, I dropped them for consideration.

NC Penguin

Duncan Roberts Jul 31st 2005 1:54 am

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
IMHO using Two Men and a Truck is a caveat emptor experience. The company is run through franchises and I was considering them for my move (of about 2 miles) but after I read the comments on Better Business Bureau, I dropped them for consideration.

NC Penguin

I guess we just must have good franchise here. All the people I know have used different branches but have had the same experience. They charged less than they quoted a couple of times.