Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Excellent Curry!

Excellent Curry!

Old Jul 31st 2005, 5:06 am
Franklin

Default Re: Excellent Curry!

I must say I love Indian food. Lairdside treated me to a fantastic Indian curry at The Bombay Club in DC, was expensive, but FANTASTIC.

Info … The Bombay Club

Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Franklin
I must say I love Indian food. Lairdside treated me to a fantastic Indian curry at The Bombay Club in DC, was expensive, but FANTASTIC.

Info … The Bombay Club

And I bet you billed her for the time it took you to eat it too, bloody lawyers
Old Jul 31st 2005, 1:36 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
And I bet you billed her for the time it took you to eat it too, bloody lawyers
That thought had me laughing! Lairdside is such a sweet generous person, and she loves a good Indian curry! I wish Lairdside would post back on here. Very intelligent woman and liked Dr. Who! I’ve not had the dosh to revisit the Bombay Club restaurant (Bombay Club), but would like too! The Bombay serves up excellent curry dishes in very nice surroundings. Just a short walk from the White House, I think it was the waiter who told us that Bill Clinton liked to dine there when he was President. I know he liked fish, when President Clinton visited Chicago he made a point of dining at a well-known fish restaurant on Navy Pier in Chicago. Maybe they did a good seafood curry!

Last edited by Franklin; Jul 31st 2005 at 1:49 pm. Reason: Changed post, inter alia, fixed URL.

Old Jul 31st 2005, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

That thought had me laughing! Lairdside is such a sweet generous person, and she loves a good Indian curry! I wish Lairdside would post back on here. Very intelligent woman and liked Dr. Who! I’ve not had the dosh to revisit the Bombay Club restaurant (Bombay Club), but would like too! The Bombay serves up excellent curry dishes in very nice surroundings. Just a short walk from the White House, I think it was the waiter who told us that Bill Clinton liked to dine there when he was President. I know he liked fish, when President Clinton visited Chicago he made a point of dining at a well-known fish restaurant on Navy Pier in Chicago. Maybe they did a good seafood curry!
Um.

Since it went into operation in December 1998, The Bombay Club has won numerous awards, served distinguished guests, including the Former President and First Family, and enjoyed the patronage of repeat diners
and

."
Bombay Club...range of dishes is wide and its food is beautiful. This is food to excite all the senses. What's more, it is served in a formal and handsome dining room, with service that might have been practiced on royalty." - Phyllis Richman, Washington Post Magazine, September 17, 1995
Spot the mistake....

Nothing quite like a good curry.....
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Having checked their prices, is $15-20 that bad compared to UK prices for a good ruby ?
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:55 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I for one am not suprised Bill Clinton liked to eat fish
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:18 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I for one am not suprised Bill Clinton liked to eat fish
kippers...no doubt
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:12 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

I'm jealous too ! We do not have any good places here either..... The only savious is my wife who decided to take pity on me asnd get some decent cook books nad go hunting around the local Asian food store to find all the seperate spices. Sometimes a home made curry can be just as good. Although I prefer the popadums from the good old British Curry House to those from Sharwoods.....
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:37 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of you in Dallas tried The Clay Pit in Addison (near to Plano IIRC). The one here in Austin is fab and both an Indian colleague and I agree that it's the best place here though on the expensive side.

I ate soooo much on Saturday night that I was miserable and wanted to explode. but it's too hard to choose between the samosas, the stuffed naan, the curries...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:57 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Have any of you in Dallas tried The Clay Pit in Addison (near to Plano IIRC). The one here in Austin is fab and both an Indian colleague and I agree that it's the best place here though on the expensive side.

I ate soooo much on Saturday night that I was miserable and wanted to explode. but it's too hard to choose between the samosas, the stuffed naan, the curries...
Oh yes, we've been to the Clay Pit in Addison! I don't think it's possible to leave that place without that about-to-explode feeling!

If you haven't already, you MUST try their curried goat! It's the best, honest!

...but Chaat Cafe is still much better than the Clay Pit, and about half the price
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:09 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Oh yes, we've been to the Clay Pit in Addison! I don't think it's possible to leave that place without that about-to-explode feeling!

If you haven't already, you MUST try their curried goat! It's the best, honest!

...but Chaat Cafe is still much better than the Clay Pit, and about half the price
Curried goat is a Jamaican thing where I grow up......my neigbour cooked it all the time.....
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:47 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000

the next time I'm forced to go to Dallas I will try it.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by krizzy
Curried goat is a Jamaican thing where I grow up......my neigbour cooked it all the time.....

droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooool curried goat, too much bone & not enough meat in the goat I buy around here, but still it is a healthy meat.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:10 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooool curried goat, too much bone & not enough meat in the goat I buy around here, but still it is a healthy meat.
I've been cooking curried pork over the last few weeks.....its not great because the sauce is from a can.....but its better than nothing.......
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Bethan is a jewel in the roughBethan is a jewel in the roughBethan is a jewel in the roughBethan is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Anyone know of a really really good curry house in Houston, I am sick to the back teeth with Ashiana, nice but too pricey for what they offer...

We are supposed to be going there tonight, but would rather try somewhere new..

Suggestion on a postcard please..

PS. Drooling at the thought of a fab chicken (white meat only) Madras
I've only been twice but quite liked Mogul in Clear Lake right outside Houston. They're reasonably priced as well. I was also pleased to discover they own a small shop down the street (called Mogul as well) which sells not only the ingredients for making your own Indian but also quite a few british foods and drinks.

You can have a look at the menu online..

http://www.mogul-restaurant.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.