Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ex Pats in the US Military

Wikiposts

Ex Pats in the US Military

Old Mar 5th 2012, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice
Default Re: Ex Pats in the US Military

Originally Posted by nun
Military, Police etc are not the only avenues to good benefits in the US. I've worked for 25 years in the US and 20 of those have been for either the federal or state governments. I'm now employed by a US state and will probably retire at 55 with full medical and a good pension.

On the topic of what's British......who knows or cares, but I'll give it a go anyway. IMHO the only defining characteristic of being British is having the passport and the same goes for the US too. There's no political, religious, or racial requirements or need to thank any particular group for anything if you don't think it's appropriate.
Very good non-biased message. Similar to the gentlemen that mentioned his nephew-in law, I think. That was the point of this thread, options that some people may not be aware of like training, benefits and education. That would probably be a good subject for another thread, how that avenue is available as well.

My "British" comment was only for sarcasm. You are technically right; they would be by definition a "mercenary" while serving in the Armed Forces of another country.

BTW: Many who attacked this thread, failed to answer the basic questions put to them, instead delving into politics etc... If you read the first post I made, most of the comments have nothing to do with it, some of which were mine, I apologize for being diverted from my intent of this thread.

Last edited by SATX John; Mar 5th 2012 at 12:38 pm.