Ex-Pats TV

Old Aug 28th 2003, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Ex-Pats TV

If you had the choice o any UK tv show past or present to be shown on tv ( ie not BBC America) what would u choose ?

Kinda plumping for Teachers & Eurotrash myself.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

floridagareth is an unknown quantity at this point

only fools and horses...

just out interst does any one know why bbc america shows channel 4 programs i.e graham norton
and wall to wall groundforcechangingroomsblahblahblah
Old Aug 28th 2003, 8:11 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by floridagareth
only fools and horses...

just out interst does any one know why bbc america shows channel 4 programs i.e graham norton
Because the Americans love the "salt of the earth" of it all.

Actually. BBC America has become so trendy it even had a mention on Sex & The City last week.

I've largely given up on it because of crap ads (spacebags argh!) and repeats of repeats of repeats.

Must admit am enjoying Rebus, that John Hannah is very fine by me!
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:29 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

For adults Auf weidersen pet (spelt wrong I think)...

Timeless classic

for the kids (and us young at heart)..Grange Hill, wurzel gummidge, Dukes of hazzard and the A team
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:42 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Only Fools and Horses!

Was and always will be my favourite British comedy.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 12:29 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by floridagareth
only fools and horses...

Don't let the name BBC fool you. BBC America is not owned by the BBC but by the Discovery Channel. That's why they broadcast programmes from all British terrestrial channels.

NC Penguin
Old Aug 29th 2003, 12:49 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Reckon Porridge, Reggie Perrin and Colditz would do it for me. And pretty much anything with David Jason in. Fawlty Towers missing from the list only because I've got them on video.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Yosser
For adults Auf weidersen pet (spelt wrong I think)...

Timeless classic

The best I agree, I have the new series on DVD here and watch it over and over again......good choice

Rob
Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Don't let the name BBC fool you. BBC America is not owned by the BBC but by the Discovery Channel. That's why they broadcast programmes from all British terrestrial channels.

NC Penguin
I am going to nitpick. BBC America is not owned by Discovery, it is wholly owned by the BBC, but Discovery provide the Ad Sales and Distribution of the channel. The reason that they have ads is that they are not allowed to use licence payers money outside the UK
Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:40 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Yorkieabroad
And pretty much anything with David Jason in.
Would that include "The Darling Buds of May" ?? I love it..
Old Aug 29th 2003, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ranjini
Would that include "The Darling Buds of May" ?? I love it..
Only if to show Zeta-Jones when she spoke wih a Welsh lilt. Do you copy her mid-atlantic drawl now Princess ? Or have you kept to your Welsh tones ?
Old Aug 29th 2003, 12:30 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Only if to show Zeta-Jones when she spoke wih a Welsh lilt. Do you copy her mid-atlantic drawl now Princess ? Or have you kept to your Welsh tones ?
I thought it had more to do with her being her being 22 then. Young and cute. Not being British, I don't really get the subtle differences...
Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex-Pats TV

If you had the choice o any UK tv show past or present to be shown on tv ( ie not BBC America) what would u choose ?

Kinda plumping for Teachers & Eurotrash myself.
Fawlty Towers; Yes, Minister (relevant on both sides); Inspector Morse
Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:09 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robclews
The best I agree, I have the new series on DVD here and watch it over and over again......good choice

Rob
Hi Rob,

did you buy the DVD in the states? if so were did you get it?

It would be great to get my hands of both series
Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:33 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

No, no Welsh accent here I'm afraid, was raised by English parents, although I can speak the lingo, and find it incredibly useful and amusing to baffle work mates with "siarad Cymraeg" during happy hour!

Three cheers to Zeta-Jones for putting Wales on the map, no actually, deduct two of those cheers for marrying Michael Douglas and becoming a pampered starlet, and then returning to Wales to show off, dropping the American twang, and trying to impress by conveniently reclaiming her Swansea lilt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.