Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Everyone's a winner

Everyone's a winner

Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:47 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Everyone's a winner

I love this idea I'm going to try and get my A-level results retrospectively done.

Liz Beattie, a retired teacher, will call on the association's annual gathering in Buxton, Derbyshire, to "delete the word 'fail' from the educational vocabulary to be replaced with the concept of 'deferred success'".
Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:49 pm
ImHere

Default Re: Everyone's a winner

Originally Posted by sibsie
I love this idea I'm going to try and get my A-level results retrospecively done.
Does the deferral have to have a set time limit or can it be unlimited?

I guess "Deferred Successes" are for the "Cerebrally Challenged"

Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:52 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Does the deferral have to have a set time limit or can it be unlimited?
I failed O-Level art. I didn't just fail, I got a U. I'm still pissed about it and now demand a retrial. I mean, how can anyone fail art. It ain't right.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:54 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

I failed O-Level art. I didn't just fail, I got a U. I'm still pissed about it and now demand a retrial. I mean, how can anyone fail art. It ain't right.
O-Level art to me used to be a morning off school, still managed to get a CSE grade 2 (ours was a 16+ exam). You must have been really bad.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:56 pm
ImHere

No no no, you didnt fail it at all. You simply deferred your pass until you can convince the examiners they interpreted your masterpieces badly. Er, you did turn up to it didnt you?

Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:01 pm
C.G.D.S

Er, you did turn up to it didnt you?
Yeah I went along and everything. I'd done my project piece the night before using some cottonwool, some old wallpaper and dad's house paint. But it's all subjective, who's to say that my masterpiece wasn't a masterpiece.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:03 pm
ImHere

Yeah I went along and everything. I'd done my project piece the night before using some cottonwool, some old wallpaper and dad's house paint. But it's all subjective, who's to say that my masterpiece wasn't a masterpiece.
Exactly! I mean I'd grade Picasso a U but theres lots of people pay millions for his doodles....here perhaps you art is now worth a fair bit instead?

Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:21 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

Sibsie,

You're not alone -- sad to say I got a U in art too. It ruined my life
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:27 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I got an A level in art....with my writing drawing hand in a cast.......to fail in art must mean you are some kind of super wizzkid....it takes real talent......
Old Jul 21st 2005, 10:31 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I love this idea I'm going to try and get my A-level results retrospectively done.
shes obviously visited the usa too much where no kids sports team seems to come last just in case it scars them psycologically (sp)

what nonsense, are kids not supposed to have a spirit of competition in them anymore?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 3:23 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

No no no, you didnt fail it at all.
...slightly less than sub-optimal.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 3:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

what nonsense, are kids not supposed to have a spirit of competition in them anymore?
It's probably to stop the parents going postal with the coach though...