Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ever had your UK Degree evaluated, translated etc ?

Ever had your UK Degree evaluated, translated etc ?

Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold
Default Ever had your UK Degree evaluated, translated etc ?

I was thinking about getting my lowly UK bachelors degree "translated" into American by one of those companies that does such things.

I've seen posts on here before, which usually link to some of those companies, but I'm more looking for recommendations from anyone who has actually bothered to get it done.

<Dennis Norden> If you're one of those people </Dennis Norden> who have done it, which company did you go with? were they any good? would you recommend them to an anonymous stranger on a website?

Thanks....
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:02 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever had your UK Degree evaluated, translated etc ?

Originally Posted by Pharrya
I was thinking about getting my lowly UK bachelors degree "translated" into American by one of those companies that does such things.

I've seen posts on here before, which usually link to some of those companies, but I'm more looking for recommendations from anyone who has actually bothered to get it done.

<Dennis Norden> If you're one of those people </Dennis Norden> who have done it, which company did you go with? were they any good? would you recommend them to an anonymous stranger on a website?

Thanks....
Am in the process of getting it done, as job I have been offered says its mandatory because I'll be working with kids.
I used www.wes.org it cost me $100 and promised a 7-day turnaround.
3 weeks later I'm still waiting for all the documents.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Am in the process of getting it done, as job I have been offered says its mandatory because I'll be working with kids.
I used www.wes.org it cost me $100 and promised a 7-day turnaround.
3 weeks later I'm still waiting for all the documents.
Why is a degree mandatory for working with kids, unless your teaching them?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

unless you are required to do it, it's a waste of time and money, because they would probably require you getting it done with a place that they know/use, so if you got it done yourself, you might have to get it done again by another company.

It's an unregulated field, so anyone could set up shop....give me a $100 and I'll scribble something down saying you've got a masters
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:06 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

My attorney took care of mine. It was accredited by a University in New York (I cannot remember which one without digging the paperwork out), which I felt added credence to returned evaluation. I hope true this is I have no idea, however if I ever submit a resume it will state that university as issuing my degree.
Once the wife graduates next year I am considering a Ph.D., and I guess that will be a true test when I apply using my US 'evaluated' Bachelors degree.

Thanks....

Last edited by Pony; Nov 15th 2006 at 1:12 am.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:10 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

what do you charge for a bachelors/phd?

Originally Posted by Bob
unless you are required to do it, it's a waste of time and money, because they would probably require you getting it done with a place that they know/use, so if you got it done yourself, you might have to get it done again by another company.

It's an unregulated field, so anyone could set up shop....give me a $100 and I'll scribble something down saying you've got a masters
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:18 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Thanks....
I'll trade you my US Engineering degree for a UK one.
God, I'm sick of working for yanks.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:45 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Why is a degree mandatory for working with kids, unless your teaching them?
No idea. I think because I will be working with 'at risk' teens and kids with behavioural problems they want to make sure I'm kosher. Still had to pay the $100 out my own pocket though.
I also have to get police clearances and supply evidence that I have been around children before, I had to track down an old employer who's now in Australia and get her to email my interviewer.
At this rate I won't be surprised if they tell me I have to have the head of the FBI and CIA give me a full body cavity search to check there isn't a sexual predator hiding up my arse.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:11 am

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

I used these people:

International Academic Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 2465
Denton, TX 76202-2465
Phone: (940) 383-7498
Fax: (940) 382-4874
Email: [email protected]

They were fast, accurate, and their evaluation was good to credential me as faculty at the college where I teach.

Hope it helps!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:40 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks....
I asked this same question some time ago. One of the links I got was this one . I ended up not doing it as we might move to New Zealand.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
At this rate I won't be surprised if they tell me I have to have the head of the FBI and CIA give me a full body cavity search to check there isn't a sexual predator hiding up my arse.
Just to be thorough....don't ya know.....
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:56 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Just to be thorough....don't ya know.....
Don't forget you'll have to give full blood and plasma samples, and give up your first born!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Don't forget you'll have to give full blood and plasma samples, and give up your first born!
they'll still want to fondle ya sphincter...
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:50 am
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks....
It's best to work backwards, first find who wants the transcript, then find who they will recognize, then go to that company and get the equivalency transcript.

This is a widely recognized company.

http://www.aacrao.org/international/foreignEdCred.cfm

Last edited by Rodney you plonker; Nov 15th 2006 at 3:54 am.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:13 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Bloody studenty type threads!!!! Shouldn't be allowed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.