Euw!

Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:58 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Euw!

Us poor members will have probably seen the nasty nail infection ad on the forum by now. I hate those drug commercials they are always running about every unpleasant affliction imagineable. Wouldnt it be nice to have a crappy advert channel to go with all the other crappy channels?! And whats with the constant barrage of fibre ads? Eat something thats not processed for a change! Rant over
Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euw!

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Us poor members will have probably seen the nasty nail infection ad on the forum by now. I hate those drug commercials they are always running about every unpleasant affliction imagineable. Wouldnt it be nice to have a crappy advert channel to go with all the other crappy channels?! And whats with the constant barrage of fibre ads? Eat something thats not processed for a change! Rant over
I find these Ads very useful ... I now know I have diseases that I never knew existed before... ugly nail fungus ...being a classic example ..
Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:45 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I find these Ads very useful ... I now know I have diseases that I never knew existed before... ugly nail fungus ...being a classic example ..
God, Ray, I was eating my breakfast!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
God, Ray, I was eating my breakfast!
I will get to my esophagus later ... apparently I need pills for that too ...
no idea what it is though
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think America's a nation of hypochondriacs - egged on by the drug companies. The disclaimers at the end of these ads really annoy me too - they seem to go on forever covering every possible eventuality...lol! I don't remember British TV carrying many drug related ads.
Ads in the UK could be a pain in the bum, but at least a few of them were entertaining.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:52 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie
The disclaimers at the end of these ads really annoy me too - they seem to go on forever covering every possible eventuality...lol! I don't remember British TV carrying many drug related ads.
I agree that the drug ads are really annoying. Most other Americans will probably agree, too, especially about the disclaimers.

However, keep in mind that unless someone actually has the opportunity to watch TV on a regular basis in another country, they have no way of knowing that things are done differently.

I travelled internationally a lot between 1993 and 2002 but never really watched TV during those trips until my first visit to NZ in late 2000. That's because I was too busy doing more interesting things to waste my time watching TV -- or at least watch it regularly enough to notice differences between NZ and US marketing practices.

It was only when Mark visited me in the States in late 2002 that I found out that British TV doesn't have prescription drug ads the way American TV does. (I didn't notice it in NZ because I didn't think to look for the absence of something!) Then I started reading this forum more and seeing that other people said the same thing.

So I guess my point is, this is really one of those things where the general population accepts things as they are because they genuinely don't know any differently. I'm not saying that's right, but you really can't blame Americans all THAT much if this is the only thing they've ever known.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 11th 2005, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
I will get to my esophagus later ... apparently I need pills for that too ...
no idea what it is though
Apparently the tips of an Esophagus are an aphrodisiac
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
Apparently the tips of an Esophagus are an aphrodisiac
Only if they are lightly blanched and served with butter.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I learn something new every day.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:46 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And served with Chianti....phfff phfff phfff phfff
Old Dec 11th 2005, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
And served with Chianti....phfff phfff phfff phfff
And liver.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

and some fava beans.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, the Nail Fungus Ad. Or maybe Genital Herpes. Always showing around dinner time. Must be a connection.
Reg. Frank R.