Euchre

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute
Default Euchre

pronounced Ooookers !
does anyone else know how to play it ? I was cajoled into a game the other day and still dont have a clue what was happening
I was sent to pogo.com but you can only play it there, they dont like watchers. Any ideas of where I can learn this confounded game ?

Jan
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euchre

Originally posted by jan_michigan
pronounced Ooookers !
does anyone else know how to play it ? I was cajoled into a game the other day and still dont have a clue what was happening
I was sent to pogo.com but you can only play it there, they dont like watchers. Any ideas of where I can learn this confounded game ?

Jan
been here 3 years Jan and am still clueless

oh and I can't play Euchre either
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I'm told they play it in jail ..... not sure if I want to go that far just to learn a new card game though !!

Jan
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:36 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jan_michigan
pronounced Ooookers !

Jan
We used to play that In the Navy, great game but a bitch to learn.
I'm sure that there is an msn game room just for Euchre.
Look it up.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:44 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by excpomea
We used to play that In the Navy, great game but a bitch to learn.
I'm sure that there is an msn game room just for Euchre.
Look it up.

Here you are http://zone.msn.com/en/euchre/default

Enjoy
Old Jan 24th 2004, 7:58 pm
username

Euchre is the chess of card-playing! Easy to learn and all about strategy. The game was brought over by the Germans and is well-known in the Midwest. We play at almost every house-party and family reunion. It's actually pronounced: You-cur

My suggestion would be to play using Yahoo games and read the rules. You can sit in on a game and ask them to kibbitz, which means to be able to view the hands. If you're really nice about it, the people at the table will let you, or they may not. Just make sure you keep your mouth shut until the hand's over, as table-talking is a huge no-no. There are Beginner lounges.

Old Jan 24th 2004, 7:59 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone play Yahoo Pool?
Old Jan 24th 2004, 8:01 pm
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

I found the rules on Playsite quite informative, but have never tried to play, so it might have been an illusion

http://tournaments.playsite.com/playsite/index.jsp
Old Jan 24th 2004, 8:11 pm
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Google came up with these:

http://www.pagat.com/euchre/euchre.html
http://www.learnthat.com/courses/fun...s/euchre.shtml

Here is an apparently free version of the game you can download to play on your 'puter (donations to guide dogs)

http://www.euchredog.com/

hth
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone for your help
Username .... I'll definately give that a try, I have read the rules but its still not match for actually playing, or at least watching others play until I'm brave enough to have a go my self.

Jan