Reload this Page >

ESTA Issues following exit from Sanford airport

ESTA Issues following exit from Sanford airport

Old Jun 7th 2015, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

BerkshireBugsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ESTA Issues following exit from Sanford airport

Originally Posted by Chaufeurse
Unfortunately the August 2012 software input error has reared it's head again as another family lose their holiday due to denied ESTA application that didn't afford them the time to resolve - I'm personally aware of two families who lost their holidays, another who, luckily, resolved via a phone call to the US and one who had sufficient time to make successful B2 visa application. Whether one agree's, doesn't believe it significant, wants to argue the toss about irresponsibily leaving ESTA application too late, whatever, if it makes those who travelled thro Sanford during August 2012 significantly aware it's not a bad thing.

Apparently, whilst arrival/departure UK data format information had been supplied, the suggestion is the software error at Sanford input UK dates in US numerical default resulting in some ESTA holders flagged as overstayers - apparently travellers affected are between the software update of circa 8/8/2012 to when the error came to light when Sanford realised there is no 13th month and corrected the error. Unfortunately that may be too little, too late for those being refused ESTA through no fault of their own.
Many thanks for this. I totally with with what you have posted here. I think a a lot of people (including me) probably made the assumption that once an ESTA had been granted it would have a 2 year validity and wouldn't change from "granted" to "denied" part way through its validity.

I am still disappointed that those who chose to bombast me for alleging that the error was in the software used at the airport have not chosen to apologise despite me producing the evidence to prove that nothing I have stated was in error.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Chaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really nice

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy
Many thanks for this. I totally with with what you have posted here. I think a a lot of people (including me) probably made the assumption that once an ESTA had been granted it would have a 2 year validity and wouldn't change from "granted" to "denied" part way through its validity.

I am still disappointed that those who chose to bombast me for alleging that the error was in the software used at the airport have not chosen to apologise despite me producing the evidence to prove that nothing I have stated was in error.
It may be a simple misinterpretation of this instance being relative to international charter holiday flights direct from the UK/Europe to Sanford - it didn't involve a further US domestic flight. As you stated earlier in the thread apparently it was a Sanford specific software datal input error not misinformation from UK/European charter airlines. It had no reflection on other US point of entry airports. Unfortunately those incorrectly flagged as 2012 Sanford recorded overstayers continue to be denied ESTA.

Many make the assumption that once ESTA is approved it's active for 2 years. Sadly not, ESTA can be rescinded at any point, indeed, one chap had ESTA rescinded following Virgin Atlantic sending their 72 hour pre-flight API to the DHS. It transpired the UK passport office had inadvertently cancelled his passport but kudos to them as they replaced his passport and compensated their losses. Under the circumstances VA also held their flights over to a later date and I believe they travelled about 6 months later.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 1:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems Thompson and Icelanicair fly international.

As an aside I have seen numerous posts from people who have immigrated on a cheaper return ticket and the system shows they left on that return flight.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Chaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really niceChaufeurse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boiler
Seems Thompson and Icelanicair fly international.

As an aside I have seen numerous posts from people who have immigrated on a cheaper return ticket and the system shows they left on that return flight.
Hi Boiler... quite a few take advantage of Icelandair lower peak season prices. Icelandair usually stop over in Iceland before continuing to Sanford. Thomson fly direct holiday charters from select UK airports to Sanford, mainly in the summer peak season.

As you say Boiler, the system isn't infallible, and it's unfortunate when innocents become the victims.