ESTA

Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold
Default ESTA

Hi,

Am I correct in assuming that if I hold an H4 visa I do not need ESTA authorization to travel to the states? (The H4 visa is stamped in my old passport but this has just been renewed and I have been issued with a new passport. However, I will of course take both passports with me).

Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:36 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA

You are correct in believing that you don't need an ESTA.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Fatbrit
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Would it cause confusion at immigration control if I have my H4 and ESTA (I need ESTA to check in online with my airline so I can get a discount on extra baggage!!)
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sofi View Post
Would it cause confusion at immigration control if I have my H4 and ESTA (I need ESTA to check in online with my airline so I can get a discount on extra baggage!!)
You can not travel on the Visa Waiver Program. ESTA = VWP travel only.

It may simply be that you can not check in online. I can't imagine what fresh hell the airlines have dreamed up that would allow tourists move baggage allowance than temporary movers.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

All of the airlines now seem to only allow one item in checked luggage when travelling to the States! After that you start paying through the nose. A bit of a nightmare!!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sofi View Post
All of the airlines now seem to only allow one item in checked luggage when travelling to the States! After that you start paying through the nose. A bit of a nightmare!!
Yes, them's the new rules. Domestic flights we don't get any free baggage now. I'm being charged $20 per bag one way. Ticks me off.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Check in with an agent at the airport, ask him to waive the fee.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:52 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna View Post
Yes, them's the new rules. Domestic flights we don't get any free baggage now. I'm being charged $20 per bag one way. Ticks me off.
I've taken to fedexing anything I'll need to my destination, and back home before I leave. Costs about the same, and I don't need to haul it around with me.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post
I've taken to fedexing anything I'll need to my destination, and back home before I leave. Costs about the same, and I don't need to haul it around with me.
hmm, interesting idea. Won't need it for this trip, but for the future.. But man, $40 is a significant hit on a $200 ticket. Oh well, beats driving I guess.