Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Escrow and LLC

Escrow and LLC

Old May 15th 2013, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

redlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to behold
Default Escrow and LLC

Hi, Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced Escrow Attorney who can also set up an LLC ? Preferably in Houston Texas. Thanks
Old May 15th 2013, 3:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Escrow and LLC

Set up your own LLC. It is absurdly easy, with very little information reqd. You can do most of the set up on line, then print, sign and mail the forms. The only reason to use an attorney to form an LLC is if have $500 you need to throw away.
Old May 15th 2013, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

redlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for someone who can do both. Set up the LLC and hold the escrow.
Old May 15th 2013, 3:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redlobster
Thank you for your reply. I am looking for someone who can do both. Set up the LLC and hold the escrow.
So take the Escrow attorney the LLC you have set up.
Old May 15th 2013, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, thank you. So can you recommend an Escrow Attorney in Houston Tx
Old May 15th 2013, 4:16 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy enough to form it yourself. Read this: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...llc-31745.html

If you have partners, then you may want to hire a lawyer to draft the operating agreement.
Old May 15th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. It is the escrow attorney recommendation I need the most. Any recommendations please.

Forget the LLC . I know that bit is easy .
Old May 15th 2013, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you need an escrow attorney when setting up a new business? Or are the two unrelated?
Old May 15th 2013, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Yes its a purchase. I want an Escrow Attorney to hold the funds.
Old May 15th 2013, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'm not answering your question but... if you're buying a business, why do you need a new LLC? Doesn't a business's credit history start from zero if you do that, whereas if you buy the business and keep the same name (or use a DBA) you get to benefit from past credit history?
Old May 15th 2013, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not in the US . I just want a simple recommendation.
Forget the business, and the LLC . I just want a recommendation.
Old May 15th 2013, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

My questions were about trying to save you money and credit by possibly not needing an escrow attorney.
Old May 15th 2013, 8:19 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm not mistaken, Texas uses title companies to handle escrow. State traditions vary, but lawyers aren't necessarily required in the US. (I presume that in the UK, solicitors are always needed.)

If you're using a real estate agent, just ask him or her for a referral. For a simple transaction, title and escrow should be fairly routine and straightforward.
Old May 15th 2013, 8:33 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.stewart.com/houston/homepage

We just used these with no issues.
Old May 16th 2013, 3:45 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

A few years back my wife was developing some software for a Japanese trading house and the contract called for the finished code to be held in Escrow - the client only got access to it if we breached certain conditions. I believe we used Blue Mountain for that, but they are based in California - don't know if that is any use if you specifically need a Houston based company. If so, as others have said, I suspect any of the regular Title companies should be able to help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.