Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Erie PA area

Erie PA area

Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:13 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Erie PA area

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17
I'm a British expat living in Erie P.A, and the posts are pretty much correct. No real jobs and a city full of miserable people. The only big employer is GE (General Electrics) and they lay off people regularly. We recently had a women that was an engineer there that now works with me at a Giant Eagle grocery store ,making no more money than i do. Yes, the winters are terrible !

The best places to live is in the south of the city or in one of the suburbs of Erie; Millcreek, Lawrence park, Wesleyville. Harborcreek is very nice with great schools, but its a few miles farther to the east, out in the country.
I was at Presque Isle State Park though this weekend, was nice enough.

I know from living in Akron though you can't polish a turd.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

Even a guy that was earning Millions of Dollars a year, whilst living there has decided to flee the place!

Jim.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Mythbusters did it!
Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:22 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Thats the most Erie has to brag about. I go canoeing in the bay there every so often with a friend. Did you go there for a visit or stop by while driving your truck ?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:24 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17
Thats the most Erie has to brag about. I go canoeing in the bay there every so often with a friend. Did you go there for a visit or stop by while driving your truck ?
weekend away with the misses in upstate NY. stopped passing through on the way home.

nice though.