Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Episode III : Revenge of The Sith

Episode III : Revenge of The Sith

Old May 11th 2005, 2:39 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Episode III : Revenge of The Sith

I'll be waiting for the DVD release.

Or maybe I'll be waiting for the DVD release digitally remastered.

Or could I be waiting for the DVD release digitally remastered with additional footage?

Loved the first trilogy, hate this last bunch. Crap acting, crap stories and waaaay too much CGI.

But for those that crowd around to catch the latest tripe that pours from Mr Lucas' arse, he is working on a Star Wars TV series (at least according to an interview in Wired Magazine).
Old May 11th 2005, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

TV series huh, that sounds like good way to follow up on the trilogy a keep the adventure comming. I hope the Emperor kicks Yoda's little green wrinkled ass- GO EMPEROR!!!!!
Old May 11th 2005, 10:25 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Ah come on, you all know how it ends
Old May 11th 2005, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
Ah come on, you all know how it ends
Well, I hope it ends in a big smile for me as I come out of the theatre thoroughly satisfied. I have a feeling I will.
Old May 19th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Just came from the midnight showing at AMC. They really did it up right, there were actors in authentic Star Wars costumes greeting people. Even Darth Vader himself showed up to take pics with the fans.

The film itself was fantastic and well beyonde my expectations. The lightsaber duels were jaw dropping, especially the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel. The showdown between Yoda and the Emperor (Sidious) had the audience roaring with applause. There's a brilliantly done scene of Mace Windu fighting Palpatine in his office that shows how Palpatine became so deformed.

Let me just take a moment to say that Ian McDairmad is bloody brilliant in this episode as he is finally able to reveal his true nature. The evil of Lord Sidious is so well portrayed by McDairmad that it seemed almost frightening at times.

Anyway, I'd like to invite the rest of you to write your reviews of Revenge of the Sith on this thread.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:22 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jabba1
Just came from the midnight showing at AMC. They really did it up right, there were actors in authentic Star Wars costumes greeting people. Even Darth Vader himself showed up to take pics with the fans.

The film itself was fantastic and well beyonde my expectations. The lightsaber duels were jaw dropping, especially the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel. The showdown between Yoda and the Emperor (Sidious) had the audience roaring with applause. There's a brilliantly done scene of Mace Windu fighting Palpatine in his office that shows how Palpatine became so deformed.

Let me just take a moment to say that Ian McDairmad is bloody brilliant in this episode as he is finally able to reveal his true nature. The evil of Lord Sidious is so well portrayed by McDairmad that it seemed almost frightening at times.

Anyway, I'd like to invite the rest of you to write your reviews of Revenge of the Sith on this thread.
I thought it was OK. Best of the new movies, which wasn't difficult. I admire your stamina in writing a review after you got home this morning. Personally I had to hit the hay and now I'm up after 3 hours' sleep to get ready for work. Going to a midnight movie showing on a school night? Think that through all the way, I really did not.
Old May 19th 2005, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DaveC
I thought it was OK. Best of the new movies, which wasn't difficult. I admire your stamina in writing a review after you got home this morning. Personally I had to hit the hay and now I'm up after 3 hours' sleep to get ready for work. Going to a midnight movie showing on a school night? Think that through all the way, I really did not.
i have to have a test on monday at my medical for sith
Old May 19th 2005, 2:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

haven't bothered with it, but the movie has been out for download since yesterday morning, digital release with the ticker counter on the top.....but I still can't be arsed with the movie, what's going to make this any better than the first two pre-movies....they were both utter shite that this can wait till it gets to tele.
Old May 19th 2005, 2:44 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid the Phantom Menace pretty much killed the whole Star Wars thing for me. As such, here's a particularly fine review of the latest one from the New Yorker:

http://www.newyorker.com/critics/cin...523crci_cinema
Old May 19th 2005, 4:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
I'm afraid the Phantom Menace pretty much killed the whole Star Wars thing for me.
yup, and the second one was worse...so don't quite get the mad hpe of people camping out at the cinemas...
Old May 19th 2005, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
yup, and the second one was worse...so don't quite get the mad hpe of people camping out at the cinemas...
This is Star Wars it doesn't have to be logical!

IMO the second was better than the first.
Old May 19th 2005, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
What I did think was sad was a few guys dressed as Storm Troopers in London who called themselves the "501st UK Division".
Old May 19th 2005, 4:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
What I did think was sad was a few guys dressed as Storm Troopers in London who called themselves the "501st UK Division".
hehe....speaking off, I knew a guy that was an extra in phantom, he was a storm trooper, but could only see him on the cinema or widescreen, in the fullscreen dvd, all you see is his arm *lol*
Old May 19th 2005, 7:05 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I've just been asked in the office here when I'm going to see this, to which I've said I'm not, I've not seen the last two anyway, so it probably won't make any sense to me, and have now been accused of not being normal
Old May 19th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Some of the critics are going hard on this picture, but I'm going to have to disagree with those critics. This easlily the most satisfying episode scince Empire Strikes Back in 1980. As I said, the ligtsaber duels and action seqeunces alone are worth the price of admission. The audience I was with loved the film and roared with applause at the fims end credits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.